AFIII Shimmer - Clips and Overview

Great video to crank up my new monitors on a Sunday morning, thanks Leon.
This block will be going straight into my live patches (replacing a multidelay + reverb that Freman built a few years back)

Here's an overview of the Shimmer effect type.

Thanks Leon always good to watch your videos. I’m still a novice with all of this and really appreciate seeing how to set things. I’ve never had so many choices. And have a lot to learn :D

Focal Alpha 80's, and very impressed so far (but first set of real monitors, so anything in this range would have been impressive i'm sure).

What do you usually use? and at what volume?
Nice! Adam A7X here. I usually crank them during the day and scale it back at night.

Your videos are always great, but I particularly enjoyed this one. The paired PlexDelay blocks: wow!

Absolutely gorgeous hey.

Been experimenting with the shimmer effect. My conclusion is that the Plex Shift type does a much better job than the Shimmer Verb type.

Shimmer Verb with Intensity at 4 (default) adds a reverb effect to the dry tone (as you demonstrate in the video), which I'm not looking for.
Also, the shimmer stutters, even with Diffusion turned up. You gotta turn up Intensity all the way to 10, to smoothen it (and it's still not smooth) and to get rid of the reverberated dry.

But even then, it's not as good as the Plex Shift, which sound much smoother, natural and offers far more control. And surprisingly, Plex Shift uses less CPU than Shimmer Verb, even with all its 8 voices. Check the Undulator preset on the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom