Sharing thoughts on tone...

Amphibian said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U9iBsvDUf8

Maybe you guys can help to pile on the clips and ideas...

Is it just me, or did the tone sound LESS SRV-like with the Tube Screamer the way he dialed it in? Also, did those old tweeds have a Mid control, or was it just the brownfaces that didn't?

Still, I was really surprised at just how much the down-tuning made a difference! I've tuned down on my strat before, but always running thru pedals & stuff so you don't hear the diff nearly as much. It's not just the pitch, but the down-tuning imparts a certain sponginess that really made a big difference. Much bigger than I was expecting.

Pretty cool. Now I gotta check out the rest in this thread!

Brain21

brain21 said:
Is it just me, or did the tone sound LESS SRV-like with the Tube Screamer the way he dialed it in? Also, did those old tweeds have a Mid control, or was it just the brownfaces that didn't?

Still, I was really surprised at just how much the down-tuning made a difference! I've tuned down on my strat before, but always running thru pedals & stuff so you don't hear the diff nearly as much. It's not just the pitch, but the down-tuning imparts a certain sponginess that really made a big difference. Much bigger than I was expecting.

Pretty cool. Now I gotta check out the rest in this thread!

Brain21

Was that a Blues JR. or a Blues Deluxe ???

For the fun of it when I had a few minutes a few weeks ago, I tried the Axe's Blues Junior and put a PEQ set to 1500 in front of the amp...sounded pretty close...

Back
Top Bottom