Sharing "Factory" IR mixes?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I know that I can't share any commercial IR's or any mixes containing them. But what about the "Factory" IRs and the free IRs included in the Firmware downloads?

I don't see how sharing mixes with factory & free IR's could be a problem....

How's about an updated VH recording+preset? Your Eruption one a few firmwares ago was killer!

If your mix is just a set of CAB blocks it should be okay, but if you use IR files...mmm...getting in to grey areas there I think.

The mixes that I use are all made with the Axe FX ll internal "Factory" and the free Ultra-res IRs that are included with the firmware downloads. And some are made with the Axe FX ll internal "Factory", the free Ultra-res IRs and Tone matches.

All mixes were created using the "Tone Match" block inside the Axe FX ll itself to save CPU by reducing the number of blocks needed , before "Cab lab" was introduced.

I haven't used any commercial IRs YET. Some of the newer Cab Packs are calling my name though.....:eagerness:

These are the Presets that I created to do this with. 1 parallel, and 1 series (for tone match IRs)

Attachments

• UR IR Mixer (Series).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 37
  • UR IR Mixer (Parallel).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 37
If your mix is just a set of CAB blocks it should be okay, but if you use IR files...mmm...getting in to grey areas there I think.

The only "Files" in my current mixes are the free ones that are already out there.

I don't think that Fractal ever released the "Factory" IRs as files? Some people asked about it so that they could mix them in Cab Lab but I never followed it to see if they were released? If they haven't been released then maybe it's for a reason and Fractal does not want them shared? And the only way to get these IRs is to buy an Axe FX?

I love my Fractal products and appreciate Cliff and company's hard work and for legal reasons and out of respect would not want to share what's not mine to share.

Cliff?..... M@? .....?

Hey Moke. Would love a bunch 'live' presets. I'm having some prob. getting mine right. Seeing yours may help me tweek em. I'm mostly using an early EBMM EVH. Thanks

The only "Files" in my current mixes are the free ones that are already out there.

I don't think that Fractal ever released the "Factory" IRs as files? Some people asked about it so that they could mix them in Cab Lab but I never followed it to see if they were released? If they haven't been released then maybe it's for a reason and Fractal does not want them shared? And the only way to get these IRs is to buy an Axe FX?

I love my Fractal products and appreciate Cliff and company's hard work and for legal reasons and out of respect would not want to share what's not mine to share.

Cliff?..... M@? .....?

Bump.....

It's an 'Ultra-res' mix of 'Factory' and 'free' IRs that I made with the 'Tone Match' block that is used in the 'Cab Block' like any other IR. It is my go-to cab IR.

I'm just looking for 'Official' permission to share it.

oh great I will test it out later. Funny I did a mix but I didn't mix it correctly. I mix it by using two Ultra Res cabinets but I'd like to make it into a one cabinet mix. Is there a way to do that with the syx files?

thanks

Yes, use the 'Parallel' preset. Load the IR's into the cab blocks exactly as you use them. Run the matching processes, and save the match as a new IR.

Back
Top Bottom