Share your Cab Lab Recipes!

ptgold

Inspired
I just bought the Cab Lab and due to my tweaker sensibilities prefer not to fall into the nether dimension of hours and hours of mixing cabs to get it just right! Its happened before....

Anyways...I thought it would be great to make a thread with every users favorite go-to cab recipes for Cab Lab. This would be a great way to help newbs like me get started and what type of cabs to look for and mix in terms of tone.

I just bought the Cab Lab and due to my tweaker sensibilities prefer not to fall into the nether dimension of hours and hours of mixing cabs to get it just right! Its happened before....

Anyways...I thought it would be great to make a thread with every users favorite go-to cab recipes for Cab Lab. This would be a great way to help newbs like me get started and what type of cabs to look for and mix in terms of tone.

+1 ... this would be huge.

yes but... what tone?
and what guitar, what the amp model, what the amp settings, what your monitoring system, and then do you play live on stage, in your bedroom or in a recording mix?
Too many variables... I think

yes but... what tone?
and what guitar, what the amp model, what the amp settings, what your monitoring system, and then do you play live on stage, in your bedroom or in a recording mix?
Too many variables... I think

Maybe not. I think Panama PTGold is just looking for a simple list as "a great way to help newbs like [him] get started and what type of cabs to look for and mix in terms of tone."

Like, e.g., here is a great SRV tone that I got last night with my Strat loaded with Suhr Flecher-Landau pickups and a Cab Lab mix IR consisting of IR-A(40%) + IR-B(30%) + IR-C(30%).

Using the 5F1 with a Brian Moore HSH (SD JB/SD AlnicoII single/ AlnicoII HB) I got a great Champ tone w/Cab Lab...
Slot 1 - 1x12 Hawaii Mix at full
Slot 2 - 1x8 Champlifier 57 at -1.62
Slot 3 - 1x8 Champlifier 121 at -0.66
Slot 4 - 2x12 Supremo Mix at full

These IRs are all Fractal Mad Oak.

Exactly.....its just really about sharing what you like and your favorite tones no matter what they are. The point is to just share and let everybody figure out if it works for them or not

Here's a quick, easy one: I was working on a 'Fat 50 Drive' (Plexi 50 Normal - T/M/B/P @ 10/10/0/10 to minimize flub, with LED Drive to smooth out) and wanted a somewhat brighter cab. Used the RW 'Big Box' Freebie G12M captures:

1) SM57 @ Cap Edge 0" @ 0.00 dB
2) R121 @ Cone 3" @ -2.75 dB - Season to taste for cab body.

PRS Custom 24 w/ Alnico II PAF clones...

Back
Top Bottom