Share bundles ! :)

Anyway, we're not talking copyright here, the person importing a bundle is responsible in checking he has rights to actually use the embedded IRs...

Share your bundles now ;)

The new TAF libraries contains bundles, but they cannot be shared.

I agree the onus is on the original owner not to distribute the commercial IR's.

But, I too would like to see much more bundled presets. I hope this format becomes the norm.

That's the aim of bundles, otherwise what's the goal ?

If you are commercially selling IR's + presets in a bundled format... then great.

If you buy IR's and then repost them for someone else to download... foul! :)

If you post free IR's + presets, ala simeon, then YES! :)

This is a way for someone to give a full preset that directly sounds as intended. Then the importer, if he likes the IR has to buy it...
Anyway, share something ?

This is a way for someone to give a full preset that directly sounds as intended. Then the importer, if he likes the IR has to buy it...
The producer of the IR would need to give permission to have this try-before-you-buy approach being used by random people. If they want to do it, fine, they own the IP, but that doesn't mean other can do it with their IP.

Come on Alex, this is not a strange thing. The EULA of commercial IR libraries forbids distribution of those IRs.
This includes preset+cab bundles, because the receiver can save the included IR. There's no room for interpretation here.

People can still include free IRS in bundles.

Maybe the solution is to add a feature to bundles that would prohibit the receiver to save the IR.
But that would be close to a Tone match.

If the bot or AE could use an iLok license for the IR's bundles, then I would be okay with letting them be the gate keepers.

If you have the iLok license for the IR's you are good to go. Distribution doesn't hurt you then.

NO license check in the box or when in use though! :) Just a check to load them.

No problem with that, but if i have the IR already why shouldn't i be shared a bundle that will be totally legal for me ?

Anyway, i have no time for controversy... I had the idea of bundles months ago but did not have time to develop it.
As i had thought about it, the software responsible of importing would have asked the user for his IR folder then it would have verified the embedded IR is present on the harddrive before allowing import. Thus, no copyright problem and a world of sharing...

Come on --OK kids here's some candy, but do not eat it............yeah right.

No sharing-period-that is the proper way.

The day ilok starts on IR's is the day I stop buying IR's. although I really do not need anymore anyhow-too many already.

I will buy from TAF though because I like the bundle idea they are selling.

Al, just wanted to say, I totally get your heart is in the right place here. It was a discussion that was bound to happen (and will likely happen again as people use and share bundles unaware of the pitfalls). If I was curt, my apologies, typing fast, in between meetings, today.

Back
Top Bottom