Shall Axe-Edit II on Mac OS X go 64-bits?

Hi,
Apple warned that Mojave (10.14, to be released next fall) shall be the last Mac Os X version to support 32bits apps. This means that in a little bit more than 1 year, mac owners could be faced with the choice to stop upgrading their computer or to stop using Axe-Edit II.
Shall Fractal Audio Systems release a 64bits version of Axe-Edit II?
TIA

I doubt there will be anymore updates to the FW or Axe Edit for the II. Wonder if there will be any way around that.

Oh I didn't know this. It's going to be quite a big thing when it comes around.
I guess there will always be alternatives or someone will make some kind of loader or something.
Basically a genius will figure it out....and thats not me.

Axe Edit is clearly developed using some cross platform development platform. That’s why it doesn’t look like and behaving like a true native Mac application. The good thing about that is that in theory making Axe Edit 64 bit should just mean selecting another output option in the cross platform development framework and it should build 64 bit versions with no other changes necessary.

Hi all,
Installed 3.14.5 a moment ago. Turns out it's 64bits, yeah! Might've been the case with 3.14.4, but I missed this one.
Thank you FAS!

Glad to hear it's 64 now, but I wouldn't think it would be a problem to recompile the 32 into 64

It depends on the code base, XCode usually factors out the changes as a starting point. Also need 64-bit shared libraries in case those are only binaries included in the application builds. Don't know how the editor was built, anyway looks like it's now fixed so it's good.

Back
Top Bottom