Shadows

So @StratnVox is your Shadows preset master: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/shadows-presets-quantum-6.122817/

Also: the search of the forum works really well. :)
Thanks @iaresee.

The latest Quantum 7.02 beta really what I call the polish to getting a good shadows sound. Using factory cabs, the sound that most Shadows players seek is almost there. I'm now just wanting to play.

@Dom1, to hasten delivery, please suggest a song that you would like and I'll upload a preset for it. I'm current using AxfFX II and that's what I will deliver.

As soon as we moved from a beta to final release of this firmware, I'll post a new library.

Trevor

Thanks @iaresee.

The latest Quantum 7.02 beta really what I call the polish to getting a good shadows sound. Using factory cabs, the sound that most Shadows players seek is almost there. I'm now just wanting to play.

@Dom1, to hasten delivery, please suggest a song that you would like and I'll upload a preset for it. I'm current using AxfFX II and that's what I will deliver.

As soon as we moved from a beta to final release of this firmware, I'll post a new library.

Trevor
Hi Trevor im thinking dance on and foot tapper. Maybe a sound that works for one will be passable for the other as I'll be doing a medley of tunes.. I'm using the ax8 so I'm not sure if your preset will work.

Thanks

Dom

Hi Trevor im thinking dance on and foot tapper. Maybe a sound that works for one will be passable for the other as I'll be doing a medley of tunes.. I'm using the ax8 so I'm not sure if your preset will work.

Thanks

Dom
Try converting them with FracTool.

Hi Dom,

Attached are 3 presets for you to convert to your AX8 using FracTool.

All presets use the same cab, namely the UltraRes 212 Class-A Max which is F122 on the AxeFxII.

The reason for adding "Wonderful Land" is for the MultiTap Delay setting with zero Diffusion. Both the other presets use diffusion to reduce the echo and provide a more spacial feel, not that its long lived.

Hope you and others enjoy them.

Trevor

Attachments

• B01 Dance On.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
  • B04 Wonderful Land.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 54
  • B12 Foot Tapper.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
great presets!-i wonder if u haveone for "deer hunter"?
Hi,

The attached preset is the one for "Theme for Young Lovers" and "Cavatina" (Theme from the Deer Hunter).
Exported from AxeFxII FW Q7.02 Final Release. Same Cab as above.

I have only just started to reset my presets to Q702 Final Release so there could well be changes that will be included in my upcoming release of these presets.

In the interim, enjoy!

Trevor

Attachments

• B08 Theme for Young Lovers.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi Dom,

Attached are 3 presets for you to convert to your AX8 using FracTool.

All presets use the same cab, namely the UltraRes 212 Class-A Max which is F122 on the AxeFxII.

The reason for adding "Wonderful Land" is for the MultiTap Delay setting with zero Diffusion. Both the other presets use diffusion to reduce the echo and provide a more spacial feel, not that its long lived.

Hope you and others enjoy them.

Trevor
Thanks very much gonna try convert these now

Hi,

The attached preset is the one for "Theme for Young Lovers" and "Cavatina" (Theme from the Deer Hunter).
Exported from AxeFxII FW Q7.02 Final Release. Same Cab as above.

I have only just started to reset my presets to Q702 Final Release so there could well be changes that will be included in my upcoming release of these presets.

In the interim, enjoy!

Trevor
thank u so much!! can't wait to try it!

Cant convert them either
Here is the latest full release of my Shadows Presets posted in the AxeFx II forum pages.
The requirements are FW 7.02 converted from AxeFx II format using FracTool. Please ensure you have the latest version of FracTool as it needs to set Motor Drive in the AMP block.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/shadows-presets-for-quantum-7-02.125914/#post-1498754

When people describe the sound as "weird" or "not right", I guess some reader know what you are talking about. I'm sorry I don't. It is very much like someone calling for help but can't describe where they are or what is wrong. More than happy to help if I have something that might suggest what the problem is. Thanks

Trevor

Here is the latest full release of my Shadows Presets posted in the AxeFx II forum pages.
The requirements are FW 7.02 converted from AxeFx II format using FracTool. Please ensure you have the latest version of FracTool as it needs to set Motor Drive in the AMP block.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/shadows-presets-for-quantum-7-02.125914/#post-1498754

When people describe the sound as "weird" or "not right", I guess some reader know what you are talking about. I'm sorry I don't. It is very much like someone calling for help but can't describe where they are or what is wrong. More than happy to help if I have something that might suggest what the problem is. Thanks

Trevor
Thanks Trevor,
I haven't updated my ax8 to the latest firmware as I've a few gigs I really need it for and I'm afraid it'll mess my setting & i won't be able to get the same sound. Hence prob why when I converted your patches there was nothing. I will try convert them in a week or two. Thanks again for the patches & advice.

Back
Top Bottom