Shadows Presets

StratnVox

Inspired
With quite a sizeable interest in Shadows music among Axe-Fx members, I invite anyone interested to download the "Shadows Presets" zip file.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 47 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes in backing track order and the preset to use.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx II with Firmware 11.03 or later and are an update of the AxeChange presets found under my name.

Shadows AxeFX III Presets (2017)

Please enjoy and as always feedback is great.

Last edited:
thanks very much

awesome!!!!!

With quite a sizeable interest in Shadows music among Axe-Fx members, I invite anyone interested to download the "Shadows Presets" zip file.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 47 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes in backing track order and the preset to use.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx II with Firmware 11.03 or later and are an update of the AxeChange presets found under my name.

Shadows Presets

Not a Shadow tunes player myself. But I am going to try these to see what these are about.
Who knows... I might play it one day after all. :encouragement:
Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Where is the link to download the file? Thanks.
Inside the zip file in the link in #1 of this thread.

I'll have the latest presets I have modified recently using Firmware 12.02 ready shortly. I'll post again when its available.

Cheers

As previously, the contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 46 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes in backing track order and the preset to use.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx II with Firmware 12.02 or later. I have tested 12.03 beta 4 (See the sample above) and urge you to upgrade to the latest. Many thanks to Cliff and the team for their continuous improvements. Just wonderful!

These presets are an update of any AxeChange preset found under my name. (I wish I could just update and/or remove and replace them.)

Warning: my Readme.pdf file contains details of the User Cabs I have found add that something to the sound. Please select the suggested replacements before using.

Shadows Presets

Thanks for posting these presets. I am currently using Charlie Halls Echoes Of The Past (on a Alesis Quadraverb unit connected to my axe) for my Shadows sound. Love to see how your presets work out! I'll post my experiences later if you like.

Thanks jacques and barhrecords for your comments and the like.

I'm currently waiting for the official release of 12.03 which I have beta'd. Cliff has again exceeded expectations and as a learn more about how to tweak the amps to sound like the "cleaner" vintage ones, the sound is improving. Having friends with Meazzi echo machines is also great input as we try to replicate the capabilities of those machines. I have discovered faults in the echo timings and the output settings that clearly improve the perceived sound making it closer to the original recorded sound. Reverse engineering from the record works to a degree but knowing the machines used accounts for a major part of getting "that sound".

I'm also adding presets to account for the changing amps from AC15 to ef86 based AC30 and then the AC30TB. I could have used X/Y to change the amps but I have free presets slots so it reduces the complication. All amps were used with various echo machines so the combination add some presets.

Additionally, I'll ensure the presets only use built in amps and cabs (no user cabs). My personal presets will use RedWirez Vox Blues IR using Lawson 47 set at 12 inches from the cone, not near the centre of the speaker. The Shadows recording at Abbey Road Studios, most probably used a Neumann U47 set 12 to 15 inches in front of the cone, not centred. This can be seen of photos taken during recording sessions and backs up various writings made about the equipment used in the studio.

I expect to release a new version later in the month.

Back
Top Bottom