Shadows Presets Cygnus 2021

StratnVox

Inspired
I invite anyone interested in Shadows and/or Hank Marvin music to download the "Shadows Presets for AxeFx III 2021" zip file.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 43 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes for which backing track are available and the preset to use. There are a number of less popular backing tracks for which I have not created a preset. Please communicate if you wish to have one created for those.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx III with Firmware 16.05 or later and are an update of the AxeChange presets found under my name.

Shadows AxeFX III Presets (2021)

Please enjoy and as always feedback is great.

Last edited:
I invite anyone interested in Shadows and/or Hank Marvin music to download the "Shadows Presets for AxeFx III 2021" zip file.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 43 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes for which backing track are available and the preset to use. There a number of less popular backing tracks for which I have not created a preset. Please communicate if you wish to have one created for those.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx III with Firmware 16.05 or later and are an update of the AxeChange presets found under my name.

Shadows Presets for AxeFx III

Thanks dude!

Thanks very much Trevor ,
Will try them this afternoon ,
Truly a nice gift for us once more with a lot of work and no need external cabs …..
Thanks once motor ;)
fafa

There is a lot of gain, the input drive is a lot higher on these ones, compared to your older presets, is there a reason for that?

Last edited:
There is a lot of gain, the input drive is a lot higher on these ones, compared to your older presets, is there a reason for that?
The drive level is still clean up to about 4 on AC30TB Cygnus. The AMP level should be -12db
I have reduced the compression in its block but left the level at 5db which may have over compensated for the lower compression value. Change this level by -3db and that should correct the gain.
Some IRs have higher gain than others.

There is possibly another reason. In earlier versions of my presets I followed the Fractal (Cliff) suggestion re the Vox tone stack by turning the MID tone to 0. Having installed Fender vintage 57-63 pups on my guitar, the mid dip may be coming from the guitar rather from the AMP. Maybe Cliff eliminated the method of emulating this Vox tone error. With higher settings of the MID, gain increases.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Hi @StratnVox
Thanks for sharing that!

I found that in the Guitar Tango preset, the filter was distorting. Opening up the (filter) Gain control page, and changing the 'Update Rate' to fast removed a lot of the crackles but it's still a fuzzy. Don't know if that was intended or not but thought I'd mention it. I'll tag @FractalAudio in case it's an issue.

Thansk
Pauly

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 43 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes for which backing track are available and the preset to use. There are a number of less popular backing tracks for which I have not created a preset. Please communicate if you wish to have one created for those.

Shadows Presets for AxeFx III

Small but important hint, please use the syx files of the OwnHammer IR, otherwise the presets will not sound correct and overdriven.

Hi @StratnVox
Thanks for sharing that!

I found that in the Guitar Tango preset, the filter was distorting. Opening up the (filter) Gain control page, and changing the 'Update Rate' to fast removed a lot of the crackles but it's still a fuzzy. Don't know if that was intended or not but thought I'd mention it. I'll tag @FractalAudio in case it's an issue.

Thansk
Pauly
Thanks for that. I'll check again. it should be a very clean sound.
The attached preset for Guitar Tango is matched to the CAB which is based on a recording of a J200. The preset assumes the cab to be in User 1 #4. I have retained the Filter Block and the Gain control envelope update is set at slow. The unwanted crackle is not heard here which means it could be my hearing!
It is important to use the preset and CAB as a pair. Please report if you have further problems.

Attachments

• C05 Guitar Tango (J200 CAB).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
  • J200 Tone Match.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom