Severe artifacts when attempting to record over USB with II

Gasp100

Power User
I think I've had this issue for some time but only know have I tried to actually dedicate the II for recording. I can playback audio perfectly through the II, but anytime I attempt to record through the II directly it's terrible scraping / buzzing... is there are particular setting that needs to be adjusted ON the II for recording via USB audio? I've tried different cables, messing with USB audio buffer settings (in my application of choice, Reaper), etc... but it's unuseable.
Where should I be looking? I'm using a MACBOOK running yosemite 10.10.3. Is it possible the driver is at issue? Seems weird that it would ONLY happen during recording audio and no issues during playback?

IS your CPU load over or near 90% before you try USB recording?

CPU is right at 90% according to AxeEDIT. I did notice some really nasty stuff happened live sound when adding looper to this same patch that pushed it over about 93%? Could that be it, too much in the signal path?

CPU is right at 90% according to AxeEDIT. I did notice some really nasty stuff happened live sound when adding looper to this same patch that pushed it over about 93%? Could that be it, too much in the signal path?
In a word..Yes. Scale the preset back below 88%(go 85% if need be) before you go USB . Report results.

Works! Thanks so much folks. Normally in major recordings I would rarely print with FX so this isn't a huge deal. I have more than enough patch slots to dedicate some to recording only vs LIVE.
Much appreciated!

I recommend not using Axe-Edit while you're recording. You may have just used it to measure CPU usage, but in case you had it on all the time, try using its Pause Communication feature to reduce the overhead it charges :)

Back
Top Bottom