Setup Tap Temp BPM using external Midi Clock

Bob Marton

The manual mentions that it can be done but doesn't go into any details on how to do it.

I have an external device that has midi clock and has BPM counters setup and when I select the song the associated BPM needs to be transmitted to the FX8 Preset

What do i need to do to get this set up. I have everything setup in the External Midi device. Now how do I set up the FX8 to receive and assign the correct tempo to the preset selected.

Basically just plug in a MIDI cable for the sending device OUT to the FX8 IN port. If a beat clock is received it will use that tempo. See the manual for setting the effects.

Basically just plug in a MIDI cable for the sending device OUT to the FX8 IN port. If a beat clock is received it will use that tempo. See the manual for setting the effects.
The Manual isn't helpful in this regard. The Beat Clock is not mentioned anywhere. Please point it out to me if you can find it.

You've probably already solved this one, but if not check out page 69 of the manual for information about the use of external MIDI clock signals.

Back
Top Bottom