Setup question-bad tone through cab

Chrome

Hello, I just recently received my Axe Fx 2 XL and sounds great through my matrix q12a active cab. But, I also have a matrix gt800 and a 2x12 cab with eminence v12 speakers, and when I try to play it through the guitar cab it sounds fizzy and the tone just sucks. Yes, I did turn off the cab emulations in the global settings, I must be doing something wrong or have it wired wrong or something. Does anyone have an idea what might be going on? I would really appreciate it :)

nothing? i think it may just be my setup, idk, I hooked my pod hd500 to it and it sounded better that the axe fx, the axe has a weird fizzy to the tone.

I dunno what those Eminence speakers are like, but if you're using FRFR patches and then just turning off the cab sims to use the 2x12... different speakers need different settings. If I run the patches I've dialed in with my main cab with CL80s through my V30 cab, it sounds fairly terrible too. Similarly if I run the gear I normally use with the V30 cab through my CL80 cab, it all needs re-tweaking to sound any good. Even if you're running IRs of the same Eminence speakers, those have been captured by mics in whatever positions, as opposed to just you hearing the actual cab in the room.

Back
Top Bottom