Setup like MFC possible?

Harm

Experienced
Hi, I would like to programme the ax8 as follows; bottom row for presets, the right vertical 2 buttons either the “f” buttons or the 2just left of those for bank up and bank down. Then the remaining buttons for scenes or single effects. Can this be done? I have tried going the f button route, but I keep making mistakes which is not what you want when you play live.

thanks in advance, Harm

That setup is very possible. Even better because of the 'pre-preset' possibilities.

In the pics below you can see one example using the 'F' switches to give you the 'Bank Up' and 'Bank Down' switches, plus a few other examples

The bottom 4 switches as (Global) 'Preset' switches (set your Bank size to '4' to match up with the 4 available presets per Bank in this setup).

The top 4 switches can be setup on a 'per-preset' basis. Some scenes and some effect IA switch, All Scenes, or all effect IA switches. If you always use only a couple of scenes, you could also set those up as 'Global' switches and save you from assigning them in every preset?
AX8 switch setup 1.png
AX8 switch setup 2.png
AX8 switch setup 3.png

Last edited:
That setup is very possible. Even better because of the 'pre-preset' possibilities.

In the pics below you can see one example using the 'F' switches to give you the 'Bank Up' and 'Bank Down' switches, plus a few other examples

The bottom 4 switches as (Global) 'Preset' switches (set your Bank size to '4' to match up with the 4 available presets per Bank in this setup).

The top 4 switches can be setup on a 'per-preset' basis. Some scenes and some effect IA switch, All Scenes, or all effect IA switches. If you always use only a couple of scenes, you could also set those up as 'Global' switches and save you from assigning them in every preset?
View attachment 72990
View attachment 72991
View attachment 72993
Hi moke,

Thanks, was very easy to do thanks to your photos! One more question (And yes I did search the forum first :) When I press bank up now, It also changes the preset. I read about the workaround with pressing f1 first, but I was wondering (hoping) if there is an easier way (Like: Turn this off and you're done haha)

Kind regards, Harm

Try this setting. Only available on the F1 (Tap or Hold) switch. Once pressed, F2 temporarily becomes 'Bank Up', and F3 becomes 'Bank Down' (no matter what they are normally set to). You can now go through the Banks/Preset list without any preset loading until you select one with any of the corresponding foot-switches. Then the switches revert back to their programmed states.
AX8 switch setup 4.png

Try this setting. Only available on the F1 (Tap or Hold) switch. Once pressed, F2 temporarily becomes 'Bank Up', and F3 becomes 'Bank Down' (no matter what they are normally set to). You can now go through the Banks/Preset list without any preset loading until you select one with any of the corresponding foot-switches. Then the switches revert back to their programmed states.
View attachment 73123
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom