Setup...AXE FX2, EZ Drummer and Reaper

lj045637

Inspired
Dear all,

Hope you can help me…

Up to now I am using my AXE FX 2 at home via Yamaha studio monitors…I want to gain further experience in home recording.

Just got myself EZ Drummer from Toontrack and Reaper…could somebody please explain step by step how to link EZ Drummer in Reaper in order to use the AXE FX 2 soundcard? I would like to monitor EZ Drummer and my guitar via my Yamaha studio monitors.

Which settings do I have to make in Reaper and the AXE FX2?

Would highly appreciate if you could explain this step by step for a home recording beginner...

Thanks !!!

I'm sure someone that actually uses reaper will chime in. In your DAW "reaper" there should be an audio options folder of some sort. You should be able to go there and Axe FX should show up as a interface to choose from, that is if you have installed the Axe fx drivers on your computer and are hooked up via usb. Once you select Axe FX in your DAW, the Axe FX will become your sound card. So anything that you have in your track, or tracks should come through your yamaha monitors that are plugged into the outs of the axe fx.
Than you should just be able to open up EZdrummer in your DAW as an instrument track, set up a mono or stereo track for your guitar, and you are ready to rock out!!!
Oh, you might have to go into the axe and select digi out, or something like that. Go to the I/O menu, page over to the right, then scroll down till you see "digi", set that to "out" (i think, dont quote me on this) then it should be set up to send your guitar digitally via usb to your DAW.
hope this helps

Connect Axe via USB to your computer. Launch Reaper. You should be good to go as far as the Axe goes. You can go to "Options" in Reaper then go to "Preferences" go to "Devices" check to make sure that Axe FX II Driver is showing in the ASIO Driver Box. Insert a Empty Track in Reaper and make sure that you are getting a signal when you play your guitar. You may have to set up your "Inputs" and "Outputs" in Reaper. To launch EZ Drummer go to "Insert Virtual Instrument on New Track" & find EZ Drummer. You may have to direct Reaper to find the area where you have downloaded EZ Drummer.
Hope this helps.
Dave

Back
Top Bottom