Setting up the Axe Fx with In Ear Monitors

cdub

Inspired
A quick video on how I set up my patches & Axe Fx for stereo in ears. This is simply how I do it & it works great for me. Probably nothing new here for all the guru's, but hopefully it helps the less technically proficient (like myself) figure out how to get a great tone with in ear monitors.

I found this helpful, thanks for posting!

One question. Delay 2 is 15ms at 100% mix. Wouldn't that be 15ms of latency to both IEM's?

Same question... What is that 15ms delay doing other than latency?
Answering my own question, I think... after reading the manual for Stereo Delay block.

The key part here seems to be the Ratio value of 50%. Without having tried it, my thinking is this is another form of Haas effect, in addition to the Enhancer block. Kind of making the stereo image more stereo :D

Answering my own question, I think... after reading the manual for Stereo Delay block.

The key part here seems to be the Ratio value of 50%. Without having tried it, my thinking is this is another form of Haas effect, in addition to the Enhancer block. Kind of making the stereo image more stereo :D

I don't really have a technical answer, besides it gives a great stereo sound - the guitar sounds like it is all around your head instead of right in the middle of your skull. You're right the ratio is key - 50%. 15ms may be a little high as well, you start to get a slap back sound. 10-12 seems like the sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom