• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Setting up the Axe Fx with In Ear Monitors

cdub

Regular
A quick video on how I set up my patches & Axe Fx for stereo in ears. This is simply how I do it & it works great for me. Probably nothing new here for all the guru's, but hopefully it helps the less technically proficient (like myself) figure out how to get a great tone with in ear monitors.

kelso1

Inspired
I found this helpful, thanks for posting!

One question. Delay 2 is 15ms at 100% mix. Wouldn't that be 15ms of latency to both IEM's?

unix-guy

Legend!
Same question... What is that 15ms delay doing other than latency?
Answering my own question, I think... after reading the manual for Stereo Delay block.

The key part here seems to be the Ratio value of 50%. Without having tried it, my thinking is this is another form of Haas effect, in addition to the Enhancer block. Kind of making the stereo image more stereo :D

cdub

Regular
Answering my own question, I think... after reading the manual for Stereo Delay block.

The key part here seems to be the Ratio value of 50%. Without having tried it, my thinking is this is another form of Haas effect, in addition to the Enhancer block. Kind of making the stereo image more stereo :D
I don't really have a technical answer, besides it gives a great stereo sound - the guitar sounds like it is all around your head instead of right in the middle of your skull. You're right the ratio is key - 50%. 15ms may be a little high as well, you start to get a slap back sound. 10-12 seems like the sweet spot.

Top Bottom