Setting up taps and holds

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
Could a single switch be setup up for 2 taps with instant engage on the switch?

ie....

First tap = Scene 1
2nd tap = Scene 2

It seems from the manual ....the 2nd tap will be a tap and hold and engage when the preset time has passed and release of the switch?

I assumed a switch could be setup for 2 taps and a 3rd with hold?....or just wishful thinking lol

There is a toggle function for each switch. You could possibly use that. I use them to toggle between the current scene and scene8 for leads.

There is a toggle function for each switch. You could possibly use that. I use them to toggle between the current scene and scene8 for leads.

Thanks....I'll check that out in the manual.

Does the "Hold" function still apply? So toggle the 2 scenes and hold for 3rd option?

I have 4 Scenes on 1 switch using Toggle functions for both tap and hold inputs. The hold ones take a while to get to, but that’s ok for my setup.

What if the need is between scene 2 and scene 7?

....and hold for tuner?

....bedrepko....are you sure it’s toggle and not tap for current scene and hold for scene 8?
Use Scene Toggle. The manual describes all of this stuff pretty clearly:

2C8D6D49-8C98-4490-BC9F-00466BD247E2.jpeg

are you sure it’s toggle and not tap for current scene and hold for scene 8?
You can ALSO do that. There isn’t just one choice for certain things.

If you want to hold for something, you can. Or you can tap and toggle back and forth.

You can ALSO do that. There isn’t just one choice for certain things.

If you want to hold for something, you can. Or you can tap and toggle back and forth.

So both toggles operates on the down stroke trigger and the hold on...?

Or the toggles are both in the release trigger?

I hope I’m not annoying with these questions..

If there is a hold function set, the tap function must engage on the upstroke of the switch or it won’t know if you’re holding or not.

If you need it on the downstroke of the switch, do. It assign a hold function.

By default the bottom right switch of either FC6 or FC12 has a “hidden” hold function to go to the MLM. You can turn this off if you need to.

....bedrepko....are you sure it’s toggle and not tap for current scene and hold for scene 8?

I have it current set up as follows. This is subject to change as I get more familiar with the FC6.

switch1: scene1 with toggle to scene8. No hold function.
switch2: scene2 with toggle to scene8. No hold function.
switch3: scene3 with toggle to scene8. Hold function for preset decrement.
switch4: scene4 with toggle to scene8. Hold function for tuner.
switch5: scene5. No hold function.
switch6: scene6. Hold function for preset increment.

Back
Top Bottom