Setting up footswitches?

After seeing this thread last night, just before lights out, I hooked up my Midi Moose, which did nothing until I set the Midi channel in the AX8 to Omni, then --> there it was/is! A more foot user friendly way of patch switching while keeping the AX8 in FS mode. I like the option!

After seeing this thread last night, just before lights out, I hooked up my Midi Moose, which did nothing until I set the Midi channel in the AX8 to Omni, then --> there it was/is! A more foot user friendly way of patch switching while keeping the AX8 in FS mode. I like the option!

A pedal to control my pedal?! ;)
I was trying to reduce luggage by switching to the "all in one" AX8!

Maybe I need to check out Set List Maker. Seems more elegant "clicking directly on a song" versus 0-128 patch and bank up/down midi pedal system. I'm usually toting around my iPad to gigs anyway.

Maybe I need to check out Set List Maker. Seems more elegant "clicking directly on a song" versus 0-128 patch and bank up/down midi pedal system. I'm usually toting around my iPad to gigs anyway.
Yeah, I don't know that I'd always use this, and my Midi Mouse also works and is much smaller without battery concerns when left plugged in. I like having the option and for switching between my main clean and lead patches with a single foot move; it's valuable to me. If I didn't already own the Moose and Mouse, I don't know that I'd go out and buy it though.

i did this as a proof of concept for myself a while ago. controlled the Axe, an External Looper, a Voice efx unit and the MFC with the Setlist program. Choose a song on the iPad, all units go to the correct preset. move songs around on the iPad setlist much faster than presets on the MFC or Axe.

Set List Maker allows a recorded MIDI track now and i believe it can automate your Scene/Preset changes, assuming you play to a click or back track. so cool.

if you are interested in Set List Maker, check out BandHelper as well. it's the same exact program, but a subscription service that allows you to edit many things on a computer web browser, not just the iPad. also you can have multiple band members share all the same files if desired... lots of great options!

I only got mine yesterday, but so far I've got switches 1-4 setup for scenes 1-4 (global) and 5-8 for individual effects. That's kinda the way I was using my XL too. I would set up a preset per song and scenes 1-4 would be clean thru lead tones for that song. We play to a click so setting delays to the right tempo for the song meant very little dancing. I've set it up so that each preset starts on scene 8 and I just copy whichever scene the song starts in to 8 which makes song changes really fast. I was planing to set up switches 5-8 to be presets 1-4, but I'll try it like this for now and see how I like it. I typically never need more than 4 sounds in a song though.

It's actually a huge improvement for me. I'm going from an XL in a 4 space rack and a large pedal train pro board to the Ax8 and a small secondary controller that both fit in a single bag. Song/scene mode is nice if you have the luxury of a preset Setlist. I play a couple different gigs that can be very "dynamic" (read surprising and sometimes chaotic :) and having a larger set of generic patches this I can tweak on the fly just makes more sense for me. Your mileage may vary...

Back
Top Bottom