Setting up expression pedals. I'm missing something.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I bought the XL+. I used to use three pedals with the II. I'm also using the LF+12+ which I haven't used in a very long time. When you don't use it you can lose it. So I'm forgetting I think. And unfortunately the documentation and manuals are severely lacking for the LF+. And they have been notoriously slow in customer support, though they were fast the other day!

So I have three pedals. 6 actually. Three each for the XL+ and AX8. So I have 3 pedals plugged into exp 1,2,3 in the LF+12+. I select the modifiers I want and select exp 1,2,3. When I push the pedal I see the green midi activation light but I can't get the level ball to move indicating the amount of swing of the pedal. I don't know whether the problem is LF+ or XL+, but I'm fully aware that it's user error. I'm assuming there's no global setting to turn on the expression pedal. As far as I can tell I have the latest firmware and drivers for both boxes.

No global setting, but you need to assign the correct MIDI CC# for each external controller in the LF+. Defaults are CC# 16, 17, and 18 for External controllers 1, 2, and 3 respectively. You'll also likely need to calibrate the expression pedals' physical ranges in the LF+ as well.

Back
Top Bottom