Setting up dual delay

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi guys. Just wondering how would you set up one delay block for a dual delay a la Petrucci. I have one delay set up at 1/4 and the other is a dotted 1/8. They are both panned at 0 since Im running mono. The thing I haven't figured out yet is how to bleed one delay in to the other one. Feedback L>R and R>L might be the answer but havent got to set it right yet. Also how much feedback for each delay is appropiate. I presume the shorter delay bleeds into the longer one.
Thanks a bunch!

Leo Zuker
https://www.youtube.com/user/TakaraGold
LionZion's comments on SoundCloud - Hear the world

I hate to say this but use your ears. I have a dual delay ala Andy Timmons. I use the dual delay block and feed one feed (L) back into the other (R) There is a part where jp plays a sound for a moment so you can hear what the delay is doing. Work on mimicing that. He gives a good amount of detail into what he is doing in that video

if you want the same rhythm as petrucci uses there, set L>L = 35% and R>R = 25%. set the others to 0

you can roll off the top end like he does in the eq section of the delay. set high cut to about 5000hz

sounds really nice with a little modulation. set lfo1 rate to 2hz, depth to 10% and phase to 90 deg

if you want the same rhythm as petrucci uses there, set L>L = 35% and R>R = 25%. set the others to 0

you can roll off the top end like he does in the eq section of the delay. set high cut to about 5000hz

sounds really nice with a little modulation. set lfo1 rate to 2hz, depth to 10% and phase to 90 deg

If this is the rhythm what was your first suggest lead or something else?

If this is the rhythm what was your first suggest lead or something else?

Simeon is referring to the rhythm of the delays themselves, not a setting for a rhythm tone, as the OP is trying to match Petrucci's lead delays from his TonePrint pedal...I think.

I'm pretty sure simeon is referring to the rhythm of the delays themselves, as the OP is trying to match Petrucci's lead delays from his TonePrint pedal.
Don't think so (could be wrong) since he shared two different posts with feed back setting. I am not really interested in the JP delay but do love dual delays and wanted to also get clarity for the OP

Don't think so (could be wrong) since he shared two different posts with feed back setting. I am not really interested in the JP delay but do love dual delays and wanted to also get clarity for the OP

Ah. I didn't see there were two different videos, one a with lead setting and one with a rhythm setting. Sorry about that.

Nothing to do with rhytm or lead. Just two different routings. The first example the delays are in series, the second in parallel. The second example has the same rhythm as petruccis delays at the start of the vid

Thanks guys. I used Petrucci as an example. But the money is where Simeon said I think. It had to do with how the feedback between L and R was set.
It is one of the lead delay sounds I like. Using some ducker, cutting a bit of highs and thats that. I had something nice going on though. I also use a simple digital delay with time around 500-650 and a couple repeats. Thats like my original lead delay. But I like how the dual-bleeding delays sound too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great tips Simeon, which modulation effect are you referring to though, I looked at delay chorus phaser, cant find something which has those settings available exactly? thanks

don't all (or most) delay blocks have a Mod page?
yeah I tried on the dual delay which is what I figured he meant but not remembering now (not in front of axe) but I didnt see one or two of the setting parameters available like depth percentage for example. I can recheck later if thats what he meant.

Back
Top Bottom