Setting up an RJM Mastermind GT to control an Axe-Fx 3 Mark 2

I have permanent Scene buttons on my main page, instead of Preset buttons.

I'd like to make the top row of 4 buttons on the Mastermind GT/22 be a global (static) set of scene buttons where I can flip between viewing scenes 1-4 or 5-8 across these 4 buttons with the push of a global (static) button along the bottom row of the controller. Is this possible?

Last edited:
I'd like to make the top row of 4 buttons on the Mastermind GT/22 be a global (static) set of scene buttons where I can flip between viewing scenes 1-4 or 5-8 with the push of a global (static) button along the bottom row of the controller. Is this possible?
Totally.

Just check the Global option for the switch. Like this:
View attachment 96561
Yes, now with the push of a global (static) button along the bottom row of buttons on the controller, I want the 4 global (static) buttons along the top of the controller to toggle back and forth between the following:

1. flip the button for Scene 1 to become a button for Scene 5
2. flip the button for Scene 2 to become a button for Scene 6
3. flip the button for Scene 3 to become a button for Scene 7
4. flip the button for Scene 4 to become a button for Scene 8

Yes, now with the push of a global (static) button along the bottom row of buttons on the controller, I want the 4 global (static) buttons along the top of the controller to toggle back and forth between the following:

1. flip the button for Scene 1 to become a button for Scene 5
2. flip the button for Scene 2 to become a button for Scene 6
3. flip the button for Scene 3 to become a button for Scene 7
4. flip the button for Scene 4 to become a button for Scene 8
Ohh. Hmm. Maybe steps would work here. First step loads Scene 1, second step loads Scene 5.

Not sure the labels will work for you and show you scene names. But maybe try this:
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 2.07.32 PM.png

1645387601387.png
1645387635891.png

My idea doesn't seem possible. Would've been nice. So the best that can be done is to make a page with all scenes (1-8) on it.

Last edited:
1645388635111.png

Yes. In trying your method, I can't get Scene 1 to step over to Scene 5. This would've worked much differently than the idea I'm describing in posts #23 and #28 anyhow.

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s too late, but I too wanted the Scenes to not be automatically dismissed when I selected one. After consulting with Ron, I just made a separate Scenes Page with the 8 scene buttons on it. It also includes a “back” button which returns me to the page I was on before I went to Scenes. I set up my Main Page scene buttons “hold” function to flip to the Scenes page.

All of this is for my GT16, so I’m afraid posting the file won’t help you much. Very easy to program yourself.

EDIT: I can use my laptop (instead of this iPhone) to provide a grab of my Scenes Page if you like.

I don’t know if it’s too late, but I too wanted the Scenes to not be automatically dismissed when I selected one. After consulting with Ron, I just made a separate Scenes Page with the 8 scene buttons on it. It also includes a “back” button which returns me to the page I was on before I went to Scenes. I set up my Main Page scene buttons “hold” function to flip to the Scenes page.

All of this is for my GT16, so I’m afraid posting the file won’t help you much. Very easy to program yourself.

EDIT: I can use my laptop (instead of this iPhone) to provide a grab of my Scenes Page if you like.
I set up my GT16 main page pretty close to yours. I have the Hold function on my Presets buttons set up to take me to another page where I have all my Scene buttons . Hold function on Scene buttons returns me to main page #1 Preset buttons

Last edited:
Here's my GT16 file. Page #1 is my MAIN page that I use most of the time. Page #8 is the SCENES page we're discussing here, and it's reached by pressing and holding any of the four green Preset buttons at the bottom of the MAIN page (I did all four preset buttons this way so that my old brain wouldn't have to remember which one does the flip to Page #8). Once on the SCENES page, the eight buttons in the middle of the screen are the Scene buttons. There are some additional functions that are useful to access some of AustinBuddy's 1400 Naked Amp package features (which is why I created this page to begin with, so I could quickly audition the 8 scenes in each AB preset).

Hope this helps. BTW, some of my other pages have functions (pedals/wah/etc) that I haven't fully tested yet so don't use/copy them without making sure they actually work.

EDIT: silly me — the red (global) PREV. button in the upper-right hand corner is what takes you back to whatever page got you there, although I do like the way Justmc has programmed the Scene “holds” to do the same thing.

Attachments

• AFX3-G16 220210af.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@iaresee, @yek, @touch33, @Justmc, and in advance to anyone else... Thank you all so much for the help!

Before I went further with the rest of the setup, today I re-learned how to set up an expression pedal with the Mastermind GT and Axe-Fx 3:
  1. Verify the controller is detecting the expression pedal. You can do this with expression pedal calibration directly on the Mastermind GT under Setup Mode > Exp Pedals > select the Expression Pedal # > Calibrate > then rock the expression pedal from maximum to minimum.
  2. On the Mastermind GT, give the expression pedal a CC # (program this either directly on the Mastermind GT or from its editor):
    • Directly on the Mastermind GT: Setup Mode > Exp Pedals > Select the Expression Pedal # > set the Device to Axe-Fx 3 and set a CC#
    • From the Mastermind GT editor: Global > Expression Pedals > Global Settings > Ext Ctrl # (expression pedal port #) > set the Device to Axe-Fx 3 and set a CC#
  3. On the Axe-Fx 3, set the CC # to match the Mastermind GT: Setup > MIDI/Remote > select an External Control # > set the CC # to match the Mastermind GT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom