• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Setting Patch Volumes

jw3571

Inspired
I only play in my basement so I don't play very loud. When setting my volumes, is it better to have your monitors set lower so you can have the output knob cranked or vice versa? Or does it not really matter? Do most people make adjustments to the monitors like less bass on the monitors or just do it through the EQ on the Axe?

Another question that relates to volume. Everyone says the great thing about the Axe is that it's not like a tube amp where you have to crank it to get that sound, my question is, then why do all my patches sound way better when they are turned up higher? How do you make your lower volume pataches sound better and not muddy.

RKF

Inspired
I only play in my basement so I don't play very loud. When setting my volumes, is it better to have your monitors set lower so you can have the output knob cranked or vice versa? Or does it not really matter? Do most people make adjustments to the monitors like less bass on the monitors or just do it through the EQ on the Axe?
Hubertus answered your second point.

As far as setting levels, you'll be better off running the monitors close to wide open and regulating the overall volume with your interface or the Fractal's output level. Doing it this way will give you the most headroom and less chance of overloading your interface.

clarky

Axe-Master
I tend to set my monitoring 2/3 of max and control the volume from the Axe live
in the studio, the Axe is set half way and I control the level from the mixing desk

Top Bottom