Setting each Preset to Global Tempo

webdoubt

I am trying to set up my Axe FX 3 so that I can move between any preset with the metronome volume on and not have the metronome tempo change. The only way I've been able to figure out is to go into each individual preset and change the Tempo to Use to "global". Also each time I go to a preset that had Tempo to Use set to "tempo", the global tempo changes as well. So effectively I need to change each preset to "global" AND change to "global" tempo to some number other than 120 (assuming the preset had the default of Tempo to Use = preset and Tempo = 120 bpm). I'm hoping there's a less labor intensive way to accomplish this but I haven't been able to find one in the manual or any posting on this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You do need to set Tempo to use = global and store each preset. Adjusting saved the tempo value wouldn't be necessary. That only gets used if Tempo to use = preset.

You could check if FracTool's batch setter can adjust the Tempo to Use parameter. It would be in the Control block if so, but it's not displayed for the II so maybe it's the same with the III. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-ultimate-multitool-for-fas-devices.112538/

A slight time saver might be to monitor the sysex command for TTU = Global and place it in a program like Bome's SendSX. Then you could send it with one key and would only need to use the front panel to store & switch presets.

Are you certain about "Adjusting saved the tempo value wouldn't be necessary. That only gets used if Tempo to use = preset."? If I change between two presets that have Tempo To Use set to GLOBAL. I'm hearing the metronome BPM change when the preset changes even though both are set to GLOBAL. I looked at the manual at it agrees with what you are saying but in practice my Axe FX 3 isn't functioning that way. Maybe I'm missing something in the process, I'm not sure. Thanks for responding.

One more piece of data to this puzzle, I see the BPM in AXE Edit briefly flash to the GLOBAL BPM when the preset changes, but then (within a second after the preset is changed) it reverts to whatever the BPM was that was last saved with the preset (again even though both presets had the Tempo to Use set to GLOBAL).

What firmware version are you on? The most recent couple of releases seem to be having some issues with Global Tempo.

Back
Top Bottom