Setting different input levels for multiple guitars?

ok, thanks! It's clear now. I don't have an Axe fx III and the Axe fx II doesn't have the input block. So I was wandering exactly what could be adjusted in the input block. Instead of adjusting the signal level in the input block in the Axe fx III you can just as well use a volume block in the Axe fx II I guess?

All my presets starts with the 1. block being a volume block. If I needed my presets to handle different guitars, I would make the setup for the loudest guitar, and up the level block output volume to compensate for the low level guitar (and make global blocks)

the Axe fx II doesn't have the input block.
not to confuse things, but the Axe2 does have an Input block - it's the tall block on the far left that says "INPUT" :D i think the Axe3 has a few more controls in that input block, but conceptually it's the same thing.

still, that's different from the Input Level in the I/O menu, as previously discussed.

not to confuse things, but the Axe2 does have an Input block - it's the tall block on the far left that says "INPUT" :D i think the Axe3 has a few more controls in that input block, but conceptually it's the same thing.

still, that's different from the Input Level in the I/O menu, as previously discussed.

Yes I know about the input at the left on the Axe 2. But it’s not really a block. But if I remember correctly it doesn’t have a signal level control but only controls for the noise gate. I am not at my Axe fx right now to check it.

The Level param in the input block is a signal level control, independent of the noise gate, both on the II and III.

The Level param in the input block is a signal level control, independent of the noise gate, both on the II and III.

Ok thanks. Now say it I remember it. Thanks for clarifying. Never adjusted the signal level control though.

Yes I know about the input at the left on the Axe 2. But it’s not really a block. But if I remember correctly it doesn’t have a signal level control but only controls for the noise gate. I am not at my Axe fx right now to check it.
It is a block by definition. You just can’t move or delete it. Same as the Output Block on the far right.

Back
Top Bottom