Setlist Maker I made in Excel

Eliju

Experienced
I figured there's some folks here who would like to have this so I'll share. It's a pretty cool setlist maker. You add in all the songs in your repertoire with the artist, song, and length and then you can make up to 4 sets. You select songs from a drop down and it'll total up how long each set is, plus how long the show is. You can also enter how long your set break is and it'll tell you when each set should start and when the show should end so you can easily plan out your night. Lastly, once you select a song, it drops off the list so there's no duplicates.

Hope you guys like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtlg2lz82lmrh4q/Setlist Maker.xlsx?dl=0
2cia6tt.png

Last edited:
I forgot to mention. When you enter your songs on the Song List sheet, use the format 0:00:00, so if the song is 3 minutes and 5 seconds enter 0:03:03, otherwise it won't add the times up correctly on the setlist sheet. I think if you typed it 0:3:03 it would work fine as well.

Eilju - thank you for this - I've thought of making one like this - I keep all my info for songs all on excel already - including all my Axe FX presets and info, so this is right up my alley!!! Thank you!!!!! if you have any other things like this, i'd love to see them!

Eilju - thank you for this - I've thought of making one like this - I keep all my info for songs all on excel already - including all my Axe FX presets and info, so this is right up my alley!!! Thank you!!!!! if you have any other things like this, i'd love to see them!

Glad you like it. So far this is it. I never used excel in depth but my new job has me learning a great deal with it so this was a fun project. If you have an idea for something ill try to make it though.

I have an idea.. lets say my band knows 100 songs total. So I type 100 into the Song List tab, then on the Setlists tab I use the dropdown to make 4 sets of 10 for a typical gig. That would leave behind 60 alternate songs. Could you make it automatically display the 60 alternates on a third tab?

In short = Song List minus Setlists = Alternates List

I have an idea.. lets say my band knows 100 songs total. So I type 100 into the Song List tab, then on the Setlists tab I use the dropdown to make 4 sets of 10 for a typical gig. That would leave behind 60 alternate songs. Could you make it automatically display the 60 alternates on a third tab?

Do you mean like on a third sheet? So essentially, those songs left in the dropdown after you enter your 40 would be made into their own table? I believe that's doable.

Actually, if you look on the first sheet, Columns D & E are hidden. Column E is a list of unused songs that is used to populate the dropdown list. But if you want that to appear on a separate sheet with the artist and all that I can probably make that happen.

Actually, if you look on the first sheet, Columns D & E are hidden. Column E is a list of unused songs that is used to populate the dropdown list. But if you want that to appear on a separate sheet with the artist and all that I can probably make that happen.

Cool, that's exactly it! I'd use it to make the setlist, which I'd print, but I'd still want to print the alternates list in case we need extras or want to sub different tunes in on the fly.

Cool, that's exactly it! I'd use it to make the setlist, which I'd print, but I'd still want to print the alternates list in case we need extras or want to sub different tunes in on the fly.

I'm adding a sheet that's more printer friendly. Do you folks usually print a full page for each set? That's kinda how I have it arranged now.

Seem to be having an issue, I have input all songs, artist, time, but when i go to the set list maker I opnly have about 1/2-3/4 of the songs being listed.

Cheers
Ant

Thanks for the share!!! Looks awesome cant wait to download it and give it a spin :))

I figured there's some folks here who would like to have this so I'll share. It's a pretty cool setlist maker. You add in all the songs in your repertoire with the artist, song, and length and then you can make up to 4 sets. You select songs from a drop down and it'll total up how long each set is, plus how long the show is. You can also enter how long your set break is and it'll tell you when each set should start and when the show should end so you can easily plan out your night. Lastly, once you select a song, it drops off the list so there's no duplicates.

Hope you guys like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtlg2lz82lmrh4q/Setlist Maker.xlsx?dl=0
2cia6tt.png

Seem to be having an issue, I have input all songs, artist, time, but when i go to the set list maker I opnly have about 1/2-3/4 of the songs being listed.

Cheers
Ant

Sounds like you just need to extend the table. On sheet 1 the first 3 columns comprise the table that data is pulled from. Make sure this extends through all of your songs by finding which row it ends on. There should be a little tab or corner you can click and drag down to your last song. Let me know if that works.

Sounds like you just need to extend the table. On sheet 1 the first 3 columns comprise the table that data is pulled from. Make sure this extends through all of your songs by finding which row it ends on. There should be a little tab or corner you can click and drag down to your last song. Let me know if that works.

Cheers that fixed it, I had to take it out of protected mode for the little corner arrow to show up. Great Excel file.

Cheers
Ant

Last edited:
Cool file!

Can you maybe add a comment field so that users can define a short comment per song if neccesary? This is useful for example to write down keys or give a quick overview on what a "wildcard" IA switch or pedal on your board is used for on this particular song.

I'm adding a sheet that's more printer friendly. Do you folks usually print a full page for each set? That's kinda how I have it arranged now.

Personally I like to print 4 sets all on one 8.5x11 page, just song titles, in the biggest font that will fit.

I've always done this manually, cut&paste with MS Word. This is way better approach, thanks for sharing :)

Back
Top Bottom