SetList (Lack Of) Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where the OP is coming from and I absolutely get it.

I am in a wedding band (we also do club dates). We try to stick to a setlist but we play to the crowd. Luckily we know hundreds of songs.. and can go off the reservation pretty quickly following the crowd ...LOL. I have like 3 - 5 presets with multiple scenes that allow me to cover pretty much everything from soul, dance, funk, country, jazz, etc. I do not try and sound like the artist I am covering. I cover the "style/genre" that I am playing. Which is easier with respect to preset management/selection. So I can switch gears pretty quickly. For me, this seems to work best. Not trying to copy any specific tone -- just the style of the genre.

End of the night (good or bad) I am just doing my thing and having fun with it.
I agree. I never got trying to copy amp tones on a per song basis. I have one kitchen sink preset, which allows me to do everything. Scenes and channels are king IMHO.

Things change and people evolve.

There was a time great bands played with just a guitar and an amp...

There was a time when great bands played with just an acoustic guitar...

I think you see where I'm going? ;)

And now you use the FM3... And those guys before think you're dealing with rocket science :D
Yeah, I know. Good point! But I also know I would find a way, with all the technology we have today, not to mention "pen and paper". I would find a way. Because it isn't rocket Science :)

I agree. I never got trying to copy amp tones on a per song basis. I have one kitchen sink preset, which allows me to do everything. Scenes and channels are king IMHO.
That is the way most players I know that I think are really good players play. You don't try and copy every effect and. You play the music and play iot correctly. But hey, I'm old, what do I know.......................
I meant to copy "old News post that you agreed with, but messed it up.

*****By the same token, I believe those that WANT\NEED setlist type funtionality should have it..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom