Set up wtih FRFR cab and monitors together.

zach910

So I have an FRFR Stereo Cab but I'd like to get some sound separation. I'm planning on buying some Presonus monitors. Can I run a humbuster to my cab for the L channel and then run an XLR cable for the R channel and connect the two monitors to play that one channel?

Don’t see the point in having a pair of stereo monitors both playing the same mono channel.

I’d do the opposite, running the FRFR as a mono source, and then stereo to the monitors.

Basically a wet/dry/wet rig. Given the FRFR will likely dominate the monitors (I have s6’s myself) having the frfr be the mono dry source would also make more sense, with the monitors then giving a nice stereo ambience.

I do basically this same thing, one CLR for dry, but instead of stereo monitors, I use a Centerpoint Space Station for a pusedo stereo wet sound but from just one source. Man it sounds killer with things like a rotary speaker

So I could run two XLR's and the humbusters out of Output 1 at the same time, or would I have to change my preset layout and send it to Outputs 1 and 2?

Don’t see the point in having a pair of stereo monitors both playing the same mono channel.

I’d do the opposite, running the FRFR as a mono source, and then stereo to the monitors.

Basically a wet/dry/wet rig. Given the FRFR will likely dominate the monitors (I have s6’s myself) having the frfr be the mono dry source would also make more sense, with the monitors then giving a nice stereo ambience.

I do basically this same thing, one CLR for dry, but instead of stereo monitors, I use a Centerpoint Space Station for a pusedo stereo wet sound but from just one source. Man it sounds killer with things like a rotary speaker
I'm just getting started. What is the best Stereo pair of FRFR's for Axe FX 3? I was looking at Friedman ASM-12, but read reviews that there is a noticeable hiss--and I need silent/quiet amps. I was thinking of a pair of Friedman ASC-10, but I'm confused as I am wanting to buy an AX FX 3 with awesome pair of FRFR's---appreciate your expertise and opinions.

Meyer Sound MJF-210 if you have the budget, Atomic CLR above most anything else, Headrush 108’s if cash is really tight

thank you Lqdsnddist--- can I ask why you omitted Freidman ACM 10 in your list? I see great reviews from Sweetwater customers.

Back
Top Bottom