Set up a EV-1 with the MFC-101

Saki

Hello,

I'm new to this sort of setup, so my apologies if I'm missing something obvious. ;)

I have an Axe-FX II XL+ with a MFC-101 (firmware 3.08) and I just bought an EV-1 to be used mostly as a wah.

When plugged directly into the Pedal 1 input on the Axe's rear panel, it works perfectly (I just changed the
External Controller 1 setting to Pedal 1).

When plugged into the MFC's Exp Pedal 1 input (from the Expression output of the EV-1), it works correctly as a volume pedal (which is the default behavior for this input, according to the MFC quick start guide).

After that I moved it to the MFC's Exp Pedal 2 input (which links it to the Axe's External 1 if I'm not mistaken), but I can't get it to work. Here's what I tried:
  • The calibration process within the MFC works, I can see the level change when I push the pedal to toe or heel position.
  • The Axe-FX is set up as before (External Controller 1 = Pedal 1).
  • In Axe-Edit, I linked the pedal to the Control button, and set up the source to External 1.
  • I get a lot of noise in the resulting sound, even with the wah block turned off. When it's on, the wah effect is clearly active, but the pedal doesn't do anything.
Is there an additional setting that I missed? Or something that I should check?

Thanks for any help. :)

I just changed the External Controller 1 setting to Pedal 1

MFC's Exp Pedal 2 input (which links it to the Axe's External 1 if I'm not mistaken)
XP2 did link to External 1, but you just said you changed it to respond to Pedal 1 earlier.

change External 1 back to the original value, which should be CC# 16. it's set to Pedal1 right now.

That neatly did the trick, thank you so much. :) Sorry for the obvious mistake, I wasn't clear on the "logic" of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom