Set list function

So people want a setlist function but no one knows what it is or what it does? OK... lets get that right on the to do list LOL
People want a setlist function. That doesn't mean they know how Fractal will implement it.

In general, it's some way to create an easily accessible way to navigate between multiple presets that are not (necessarily) stored "near" each other.

For example, a very simple setlist might just be a list of "songs" you need to play.

Selecting the first song might load preset 100, the second song might load preset 240 and the third song might load preset 004.

A more complex example might allow specifying a preset + scene instead of just a preset.

Or it might allow specifying settings for verse, chorus, bridge of a single song.

So people want a setlist function but no one knows what it is or what it does? OK... lets get that right on the to do list LOL
That's the problem. People want different things but they know they MUST have it immediately, and they can't sit down and put together the must-haves and the wanna-haves and the nice-to-haves, resulting in a very nebulous set of requirements for FAS to work on.

That's how it goes around here. Enough of us are IT-types so we roll our eyes when people start that stuff up.

That's the problem. People want different things but they know they MUST have it immediately, and they can't sit down and put together the must-haves and the wanna-haves and the nice-to-haves, resulting in a very nebulous set of requirements for FAS to work on.

That's how it goes around here. Enough of us are IT-types so we roll our eyes when people start that stuff up.
Those of us who relied heavily on the set list feature offered by the Axe-Fx II and the MFC-101 would probably agree that something along those lines would be a great starting point spec-wise for the Axe-Fx III and the FC controllers. For my use case at least, it's probably the number 1 functionality that's missing in the Axe-Fx III.

Last edited:
Those of us who relied heavily on the set list feature offered by the Axe-Fx II and the MFC-101 would probably agree that something along those lines would be a great starting point spec-wise for the Axe-Fx III and the FC controllers. For my use case at least, it's probably the number 1 functionality that's missing in the Axe-Fx III.
That’s probably where they will start and add to it based on their own ideas. Hopefully they kept a tally sheet of the requests spread across multiple threads.

Cliff and Matt have both stated that a setlist feature is already in the works, so hold your horses. Fractal is a very small company compared to Fender so comparing their development capabilities is little more than wasted breath.

Cliff and Matt have both stated that a setlist feature is already in the works, so hold your horses. Fractal is a very small company compared to Fender so comparing their development capabilities is little more than wasted breath.
Hey, just noting that 'setlists' has been talked about for years. No one is holding their horses and I really was not comparing the companies. However it does occur to me that with as many presets that now come with Fractal units that the thinking would have been 'Wow we need a way of having user programed playlists etc.' Guess it was not their original thinking at least as a priority. I know they are working on it now or so I have read but should have been in there years ago.

Back
Top Bottom