Seriously dudes... I need this thing naow!

Cliff and Matt and other Fractal bredren,

What do you think the chances are of the FX8 being on sale via G66 by April 3rd are? I ask, because I am scheduled to record an album on the 6th, and would love to ditch my current set of Boss and MXR pedals by then!

What do you think the chances are of the FX8 being on sale via G66 by April 3rd are? I ask, because I am scheduled to record an album on the 6th, and would love to ditch my current set of Boss and MXR pedals by then!

Do you have an Axe II?

Do you have an Axe II?

Not anymore no. I had one, but I prefer valve amps, and the Axe II didn't work too well for me as an effects only unit. I had one of the very early units that had white noise issues with high-gain amps (a commonly reported thing that Fractal fixed in future versions as I understand it)

If you have 'real deal' MXR and BOSS effects (as opposed to reissued) I would rather record with the boxes. I could see if you where going on tour out of convenience having the FX8 would be nice, but the in the studio I would use my MXR flanger or script phase 90 without even thinking about twice.

Remember, those boxes are being virtually emulated. I have a lot those boxes, in some case the original 'might' still better (depending on what you are doing). I wouldn't lose sleep over it, really.

If you have 'real deal' MXR and BOSS effects (as opposed to reissued) I would rather record with the boxes. I could see if you where going on tour out of convenience having the FX8 would be nice, but the in the studio I would use my MXR flanger or script phase 90 without even thinking about twice.

Remember, those boxes are being virtually emulated. I have a lot those boxes, in some case the original 'might' still better (depending on what you are doing). I wouldn't lose sleep over it, really.

Nah, it aint like that at all. First of... I'm a 'all pedals in front of the amp' kinda guy. Even delays and reverbs (listen to the purists gasp!!)
This is my current board:
10926429_10152692309695777_5792293003948970224_n.jpg

It sounds really good. Gets me the tones I want anyway. Main problems being noise-floor and having to bend down and change the knobs instead of having presets! lol. Yes I'm lazy.

The thing is... there aren't any digital pedals out there that I've tried that sound quote-unquote... TRANSPARENT... in front of a high-gain valve amp. They always add noise, unless they offer true-bypass... but then you lose your trails.

It's a workflow thing really. Having it would allow me to dial in my sounds during the recording, and keep them for live performance too. Rather than having to jot down a bunch of settings and then having to remember them live!

So yeah... I'm just thinking aloud I guess, with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I understand that they don't have a 100% confirmed date and there are a bunch of variables affecting the release.

Back
Top Bottom