Seriously dudes... I need this thing naow!

Orvillain

Power User
I need this thing naow! I've got recording projects coming up, and I don't really want to stick with my Boss pedals with their crappy noise performance and buffer issues. Release it already! ;)

I feel your pain, though... I signed up for the waiting list as soon as it became available. The very next day, my previous multi-effects unit FELL APART. What are the odds? Maybe it felt betrayed. :) So, I'd been gigging for about 2 months, using only my built in amp reverb. I didn't want to invest in anything else, when I knew the FX8 was right around the corner.

Finally, just this week, I purchased a Nova System to tide me over. I'm pretty satisfied... I can now wait for the FX8 without being overly anxious. But, I do understand.

Maybe I was a little inconrete (i am not a native english speaker) and i understand your pain i had the same myself beeing everyday in the forum waiting for the soon turning into an order invitation :), if you want the fx-8 because of the flexibility and the fact that this is a floor based unit, wait for it i am sure this unit will be a blast. I just wanted to say that with a little extra you get "more" features off course in a different housing. So if you maybe want to do some recording in future you have already the usb option on board wiht the axe.
It's off course on everybodies demand to choose whats best for your own needs. I can only speak for myself, As i lost my patience and had the luck to get a great offer for a mint set of the axe and mfc i went for this option. I just wanted to point this as an option out, not more. :encouragement: keep on rockin.

Do you just make things up for fun?

Don't worry, it's coming soon.

I've seen you convey this kind of nonsense over the last couple of months. Once, you said that it would be coming "on Monday" (or Tuesday). Of course that was months ago. I for one would appreciate it if you just stuck to things you actually knew instead of apparently (though not definitely), try to make yourself seem more "in the know" than you actually are. You lost your credibility on the other FX8 thread. So, if you have something concrete and factual, by all means, share. But, if you don't meet both criteria, please, please just keep your mouth shut.

Thanks,

Everyone

I've seen you convey this kind of nonsense over the last couple of months. Once, you said that it would be coming "on Monday" (or Tuesday). Of course that was months ago. I for one would appreciate it if you just stuck to things you actually knew instead of apparently (though not definitely), try to make yourself seem more "in the know" than you actually are. You lost your credibility on the other FX8 thread. So, if you have something concrete and factual, by all means, share. But, if you don't meet both criteria, please, please just keep your mouth shut.

Thanks,

Everyone

It's silly for folks to repeatedly ask for a release date. They've already explained that they had to push the release date. They didn't even owe anyone that much information. They also announced a wait list and how to get on it already.

This really isn't complicated but I'll spell it out for you anyhow since your forum fu is weak: when it's available for sale, you'll be able to buy it. Until then, you can join the folks that ask over and over for no apparent reason. And/or, you could bitch about how they owe you a release date. Or, you could just keep your mouth shut (hint: this is the correct choice).

Thanks,

Everyone Else...

It's silly for folks to repeatedly ask for a release date. They've already explained that they had to push the release date. They didn't even owe anyone that much information. They also announced a wait list and how to get on it already.

This really isn't complicated but I'll spell it out for you anyhow since your forum fu is weak: when it's available for sale, you'll be able to buy it. Until then, you can join the folks that ask over and over for no apparent reason. And/or, you could bitch about how they owe you a release date. Or, you could just keep your mouth shut (hint: this is the correct choice).

Thanks,

Everyone Else...

Flaws in your post: 1) I didn't ask for a release date. Ever. I don't agree with you that Fractal doesn't "owe" a release date, though. I've been through this over and over, though. The basics of my position: a) I would agree that FAS would have owed nothing, except for b) the fact that they advertised a release date and induced (whether intentionally or unintentionally, it makes no difference) people to alter their purchasing decision(s). Once they "promised" (maybe a strong word), something, they implicitly "owed" (again, a strong word) something. I believe in the free market and dissemination of information, so people can run their businesses as they choose, but that customers may share information with one another to make the best-informed decision possible. Applied to this case, then, FAS has the right to publish an inaccurate release date, but the customers have the right to hold FAS' failures against FAS. One way that this might happen is by telling one another (or even FAS themselves), that they don't like the way that FAS is running their business. You don't have to agree, but it's the way that it is.

In many cases (such as mine), this ultimately hurt FAS. I would have bought an AXEIIXL (having owned an Ultra already), but I decided the FX8 was the right route for me. In other cases, it hurt Line6 or Eventide or other competitors. Whether or not advertising an unrealistic release date will backfire on FAS because they are now less credible, we'll never know. I know that I distrust FAS immensely now, especially after receiving very unkind emails from them. Oh, and their deletion of every comment that is anything but worshipful is another reason. As I've stated many times before (but you can't find such statements, because they keep deleting the posts), I think FAS makes great products. But, I think they have work to do on their business acumen.

2) Basic sentnece construction: The sentence " . . . bitch and over" makes no sense.

The interesting thing about online forums is that it gives individuals like you the confidence to say things to people like me that you would never, ever have the guts to say to me in person. To this end, I just ask that you take a deep breath, think about how you might make this world a better place instead of either a) bringing people down or b) wasting people's time. Look around and see if you can't do something nice for someone instead.

Flaws in your post: 1) I didn't ask for a release date. Ever. I don't agree with you that Fractal doesn't "owe" a release date, though. I've been through this over and over, though. The basics of my position: a) I would agree that FAS would have owed nothing, except for b) the fact that they advertised a release date and induced (whether intentionally or unintentionally, it makes no difference) people to alter their purchasing decision(s). Once they "promised" (maybe a strong word), something, they implicitly "owed" (again, a strong word) something. I believe in the free market and dissemination of information, so people can run their businesses as they choose, but that customers may share information with one another to make the best-informed decision possible. Applied to this case, then, FAS has the right to publish an inaccurate release date, but the customers have the right to hold FAS' failures against FAS. One way that this might happen is by telling one another (or even FAS themselves), that they don't like the way that FAS is running their business. You don't have to agree, but it's the way that it is.

In many cases (such as mine), this ultimately hurt FAS. I would have bought an AXEIIXL (having owned an Ultra already), but I decided the FX8 was the right route for me. In other cases, it hurt Line6 or Eventide or other competitors. Whether or not advertising an unrealistic release date will backfire on FAS because they are now less credible, we'll never know. I know that I distrust FAS immensely now, especially after receiving very unkind emails from them. Oh, and their deletion of every comment that is anything but worshipful is another reason. As I've stated many times before (but you can't find such statements, because they keep deleting the posts), I think FAS makes great products. But, I think they have work to do on their business acumen.

2) Basic sentnece construction: The sentence " . . . bitch and over" makes no sense.

The interesting thing about online forums is that it gives individuals like you the confidence to say things to people like me that you would never, ever have the guts to say to me in person. To this end, I just ask that you take a deep breath, think about how you might make this world a better place instead of either a) bringing people down or b) wasting people's time. Look around and see if you can't do something nice for someone instead.

grow up, dude.

LOL

Irony alert!

FAS creates these issues by speaking too soon (pun intended) about product releases. Most likely they use the wait lists to judge how many to manufacture initially. It really no different than a boutique builder promising a guitar in seven months to then deliver it twice the time. Get used to it.

I understand completely all these people asking for a release date. I, for a long time now, have been playing with a crappy multi effects board and have become so annoyed and disenchanted with it that I vowed that the next gear I buy will be top of the line. The FX8 would have been the answer. I got tired of playing show after show with my shit gear waiting for this thing to come out. I just bought a few second hand Strymon pedals and have been completely happy. I'm no longer stuck in shitty gear limbo checking this forum for news that apparently still has not come and reading all the same snide comments to people in the same boat as me.

The universe is estimated to be roughly 14 billion years old.

If you get it tomorrow or 50 years from now, mathematically, they'll really be not much of a difference.

I understand completely all these people asking for a release date. I, for a long time now, have been playing with a crappy multi effects board and have become so annoyed and disenchanted with it that I vowed that the next gear I buy will be top of the line. The FX8 would have been the answer. I got tired of playing show after show with my shit gear waiting for this thing to come out. I just bought a few second hand Strymon pedals and have been completely happy. I'm no longer stuck in shitty gear limbo checking this forum for news that apparently still has not come and reading all the same snide comments to people in the same boat as me.

Awesome!

borat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom