Serious Lead Sounds

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
im looking for some serious lead sounds.

Can this axe fx 3 machine produce anything at least remotely close to some of the lead sounds in these tracks? Because as soon as I tried to get some of these sounds with my Axe FX 2, i had to sell it because it just wasnt sounding anything so visceral like this. And NO it had nothing to do with my tweaking as I knew what I was doing. I couldnt even come close.

First of all, looking for that ultra fine james Murphy lead tone:

1:47 of this track

4:17 onwards in this track

some leads in this track

And also, looking for the lead sound from the Obituary Cause of death release.

These are some fine fine lead sounds. Has anyone recorded anything remotely close to sounding like these tones with an axe fx? And can I please hear where I can review such audio?

I agree with earlier respondents. Either you are trolling, or it it is a hardware/expectations problem.
From the positive starting point, where you are simply a lost soul looking for guidance (humour, no worries), I can tell you this. You will not get the amp in the room sound. What helped me was playing the tone I was looking for through the same speaker as the axe.
When I download patches from other users I tend to never find what I was looking for. I just use it as a base for effect settings. Start with a good IR, (I bought an ownhammer pack recently and am VERY happy (and amazed with the difference. I am an axe 2 user, btw. That IR must be of a speaker the guy you want to mimic uses. (duh). Combine it with an amp, and start tweaking with those.
That's all I have for you man. Sorry, I know it's not much and maybe not what you were hoping for. I hade a lot of tube amps, and they are all gone now. AX8 for rehearsals and AXE2 only till "mother" allows me the III.
I really think all the sounds are in there.
Maybe go to one of the preset builders and ask one to make the preset for you? (like with everything else in life, anything is possible as long as you pay..) Some guys can do anything with these machines.

Good luck.

Harm

Dude there's no trolling. I just couldnt ge the realism and silk.
And also i just cant quite figure out how the Mithras guy uses the pitch shifter, it its on the delays or on the main line. Or if it was just the lackl of realism again. Very hard to tell in that case.

But cant tell if with the shifter if its an octave up or a fifth up or the fifth on the next octave up and how its done or if its only on the delays. So I couldnt get the sound and I wasnt sure if it was not knowing how to use the gear or if it was the quality of the gear. But if anyone can lead me to any axe fx 3 clips with sounds like these and the various leads like these then im all in for a 3. But just so you know I couldnt even come close with a 2. And neither could the guy in the first clip himself when he tried one. And he is no bozo in this industry I can assure you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom