Serious Help Needed.. Axe-FX II XL issue!!

ChrisMetal86

Experienced
So I got my XL last Thursday.. Didn't really get to spend any time with it until Friday night really late and some on Saturday. I scrolled through the presets and was just seeing what the factory presets sounded like.. I stumbled upon the Shiva lead patch, and holy shit I have been stuck here ever since. I tweaked it a little and adjusted a few things and it really is sweet now.

My question to you guys is, how in the hell do I get away from this one amp sim now? Lol. I now know why my buddy said he would get rid of his wife before he got rid of his Shiva. I'm afraid I'll never get away to explore anything else now haha.

Mad props to Cliff and team. I really do believe I have made the right choice in gear purchases now :) Somehow I have got to force myself to start exploring everything in this awesome little black box so I can make use of all its features.

I have tried everything Line6 has put out, lots of DigiTech stuff, Korg's few modelers, BOSS modelers, Roland, etc.. and have always been unhappy with them, even after tons of tweaking! I was originally skeptical of the Fractal Audio hype, but with just the few hours I spent this weekend, I realize its not a joke at all. Just with the Shiva sim, I'm blown away with the dynamics and response to my playing. The volume knob on the guitar really reacts like it did through my Mesa amps over the years.

I'll have the upcoming weekend to play through it more since I will be kid free (kinda hard to play when my son wants to sit in my lap and turn the controls on the front panel lol). And now, my lunch hour every day will be spent playing through the XL. I haven't really been inspired to play much in the last 8 months, but this is def a game changer! Even the kiddo approves of it and really enjoyed watching and listening to daddy play like we use too!

Just waiting on my Midi cable to come in this week so I can update my MFC-101 MK II so it will work with the XL. Then more fun figuring it all out! I really like quite a few of the IR sims in the XL and wanna start trying some other UR IRs. Any tips on setting up and converting IR to XL format would be awesome since I am new to all of this.

Any tips on creating patches, tweaking, etc. are also appreciated :)

Again, thanks to Cliff and the rest of the FAS team and board family!

-Chris

Haha! Congrats Chris
thumbsup.gif

Continue to enjoy
guitar.gif

I feel your pain!
I've got a gazillion options on this machine and they have the nerve to give us sounds that are plug and play.
What's up with that??

Thanks guys! I plan on having fun with it.. from Friday night at 7PM til Sunday afternoon, I am pretty sure I will not get any rest at all this weekend! :lol One question, is it safe to run it for 48+ hrs straight without it over heating and blowing up? :mrgreen

You only have to worry about that when the screen goes into countdown mode.
Don't worry, 5 seconds should be more than enough notice right?

Back
Top Bottom