Sequencer Step Funk

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
My favorite thing to do with the new Sequencer Pause/Step feature will be to use a modifier to advance the step. I whipped up a little example of this, where the ADSR is used to detect transients (picking) for this purpose. I connected it all to a juicy filter and voila: "triggerable" Sample & Hold!

I jammed on my creation (one track, no automation!) over some hastily edited Toontrack drums and then used a tweaked version of the "Birdland" scene in factory preset "Synth Lineup" to add a freaky bass part. Hope you enjoy... preset attached, complete with bonus scenes and Perf-PP controls ;-)

I've heard a lot, but I don't think I've heard a guitar do this before.

Attachments

• Touch Step_20210618_152402.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 69
@Admin M@ - I'm not having consistent luck in triggering the sequencer consistently. Is that just a matter of tweaking the ADSR Threshold? Does it need to be played very staccato?

Update - the Vital Signs preset triggers fine for me and it looks like the same ADSR settings, so that's probably not it. It triggers best for me on short staccato chords compared to single notes.

Last edited:
@Admin M@ - I'm not having consistent luck in triggering the sequencer consistently. Is that just a matter of tweaking the ADSR Threshold? Does it need to be played very staccato?

Update - the Vital Signs preset triggers fine for me and it looks like the same ADSR settings, so that's probably not it. It triggers best for me on short staccato chords compared to single notes.

@CodePoet - Check Perf-PP to adjust the ADSR threshold for your guitar in the Touch Step preset. I called it "TRIGGER Threshold"
The Vital Pan preset does NOT use ADSR: it uses Envelope.

Back
Top Bottom