Implemented Sequencer : Manual Step

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
Hello,

I would like to be able to control manually (with a footswitch instead of frequency rate) the steps of the sequencer, like this :
First press : Step 1
Second press : Step 2
Third press : Step 3
....so on

The idea would be to have a new parameter "step" that would manually go to the next step, even if the "start" parameter is off. With an assignable modifier to this "step" parameter, we could scroll through the steps with footswitch.

already asked for this, years ago...but keep at it...with the extra juice available for the III it might be possible.

here's a list of what i asked for...you might agree with some of these...

Sequencer ideas

run and it's associated on/off switch remain the same, but we add two new control parameters....

"step" (with an associated trigger attachable to a modifier). two modes - "normal" - each step is
triggered by the max value of the modifier and "double" - when the modifier crosses value 64, the
sequencer moves to the next step. doing it like this means that of you use a momentary switch,
you can step through the stages by pressing AND releasing the switch.

"modifier". this would be great for using an external expression pedal to move through the
sequencer stages. the sequencer interpolates the range of the external to the number of stages
available. so for example, if you set two stages, then the first stage is 0-64 of the pedal travel and
the second stage is 65-127 of the pedal travel. set 5 stages and each will be 20% of the pedal
travel and so on. this would enable the user (using all 32 steps) to design a totally custom curve for
their external pedal. i don't know if it would be at all useful to use internal modifiers for this. maybe
externals only would be appropriate.

also add the following...

direction - forward + reverse. when attached to "run" or "step", the sequencer will travel from the
first to the last stage and back again

direction - random. when attached to "run" or "step", the sequencer will move randomly through all
stages up to the max set by the user

shape - triangle / square / ramp down / ramp up etc. each stage of the sequencer follows the
shape set by the user. triangle, for example will move from min to the max value set and back to
min for each stage

shape - smooth. useful for when using an expression pedal. the sequencer interpolates the values
in between each stage to create a smooth curve

i would also add "once" to run, so that you could use a switch to trigger the sequencer to run once
from beginning to end. in conjunction with a bit of damping, you'd have an adsr with totally
customisable shape for long sweeps, fade ins and outs etc

I kind of reminded that I saw something like this a long time ago but couldn't find it again.
All your ideas would be amazing @simeon , specially the 2 first ones.

+1
I would love to have a "number of cycles" control for the sequencer. I often need to run a sequence just a single time, and this would allow me to automate some otherwise impossible sounds.

Back
Top Bottom