September issue of Guitar world is chock full o' Fractal

Jiffzillla

Experienced
Starting with Steve Vai and Tosin Abasi on the cover and moving on to Rush, Meshuggah, and Periphery as the featured articles that are advertised on the cover, Fractal Audio Systems is well represented in this issue. The Axe-Fx is no longer on the fringes of the guitar community. It's mainstream, and it's damn cool. I will admit to a twinge of sadness that comes with having my "secret weapon" not being so secret anymore. But that's just me being selfish...but I can still say I had one way before Vai did. :) LOL

We still try to give everyone the same "small company" treatment though. Yes, we grown quite a bit (500% in four years) but I still do things the same way as when I started.

Time for an IPO, maybe you can buy Fender.

FractalAudio said:
We still try to give everyone the same "small company" treatment though. Yes, we grown quite a bit (500% in four years) but I still do things the same way as when I started.

Great to hear that - hope you can hold on to this strategy as growth continues.

God bless you Cliff. Such growth is very difficult to manage. Been playin' guitar longer than many here have had a pulse, but I'll say without reservation, FAS is the best gear I ever had. Your creation gave me great tone, endless hours of tweaking, but best of all, put the joy back in my playing. Saying thanks just seems so inadequate, but I'll say it anyway. Thanks Cliff, and all at FAS.

Last edited:
It's been a bit stressful lately. A certain company, that shall remain unnamed, has launched an all-out guerrilla marketing campaign against us. All kinds of dirty tactics. The guys asked me about fighting fire with fire but I said "No, we will do what we always do and simply make the best product. We will continue to improve the product and offer the customer the pinnacle of the ownership experience." I have engendered a bit of animosity in this industry for some weird reason but I will always strive to make the best product. I am confident (especially with Version 7) that we are squarely at the top of the heap and we have done extensive blind A/B tests that support that claim.

So I thank all of you for your continued support and you can be assured that, despite our growth, we will strive to retain the small-company attitude.

It's been a bit stressful lately. A certain company, that shall remain unnamed, has launched an all-out guerrilla marketing campaign against us. All kinds of dirty tactics. The guys asked me about fighting fire with fire but I said "No, we will do what we always do and simply make the best product. We will continue to improve the product and offer the customer the pinnacle of the ownership experience." I have engendered a bit of animosity in this industry for some weird reason but I will always strive to make the best product. I am confident (especially with Version 7) that we are squarely at the top of the heap and we have done extensive blind A/B tests that support that claim.

So I thank all of you for your continued support and you can be assured that, despite our growth, we will strive to retain the small-company attitude.

As a business owner myself - my mantra has always been "Give 100%, and make sure that whatever I do, I can sleep easy at night and leave a legacy that my kids can be proud of".

Also, celebrate the fact that you have 'haters'. I think it was Steve Jobs that once said "If you have a product that EVERYONE likes, then that means you have succumbed to the lowest common denominator and your product is bland". He went on to say that if you polarise your audience, then yes, you will have the nay sayers at one end, but you will also have passionate evangelists at the other end, and THEY are the ones who will ultimately make you successful. Cater for the 10 or 20% at the correct end of the scale and focus your energy THERE.

The guys asked me about fighting fire with fire but I said "No, we will do what we always do and simply make the best product. We will continue to improve the product and offer the customer the pinnacle of the ownership experience."
The best road to walk down, bar none.

I know it'll pay off in spades for you. And it'll feel even better when it does because you took the high road.

Yep. No reason to fight dirty when you are the top of the heap. Matter of fact, no reason to fight dirty any time. Just remain focused on your goal like you have been so far with outstanding results.

You should be very proud of your achievements, Mr. Chase and company.

My mom had told me once, "if someone dislikes you, nice them to death". Which basically means not to retaliate as they have acted and it'll drive them nuts. Taking the higher road... Good on you Cliff!

Last edited:
I haven't bought a GW mag or any guitar mag in years (I have about 10 years worth on the shelves). I'll definitely check this one out.

This is why you are successful. Let those idiots try to bash you.Karma Baby thats all there is. You have so much good Karma because you treat people right.

I'd like to know who the nameless company is... can some one PM me? Anyhow way to be Cliff, nice to know that you are on the up n' up.

The real problem for the competition is that you become committed to the Axe because of the quality and values it holds as well as the time invested in it. The Axe has become a cure for GAS.

Whenever competitors start selling on negatives, it is because they cannot compete on positive values. It may be hard to take at times, but it is the surest sign that you are winning.

Stick to your guns Cliff, I'm a nobody but it's the best piece of kit I've ever bought by some margin.

LET THE PRODUCT (AND ENDORSEES) SPEAK FOR ITSELF, I KNOW OF NOTHING EVEN CLOSE...I would rather have the axe fx than 25 real amp heads...seriously.

That's very much appreciated. Anyone who has spent any time on the forum has seen numerous examples of customer service and company involvement that's so exceptional as to be almost nonexistant anywhere else. Add the killer box that you sell, and you have much to be proud of. Despite the dirty-pool tactics of the competition, that box becomes better known and respected every day. Keep on rockin' it.

Back
Top Bottom