Seperate Monitor out?

frama78

Hi,

I´m pretty much GASing for an AX8, but I do need one routing option of which Im not sure, if it´s supported:

I´d like to recieve a Monitor-Signal (or MP3 for home-use) from FoH and feed this in Input 2. Now, Id´like to mix this signal with the guitar-path. This should go out to Output 2 L&R.

The main outs should send only the guitar path to FoH.

Is this possible?

Thx,
Frank

I’m a fairly new user but I do this using the FX Loop block. It can serve as a split at the end of the signal path to send the signal to the Loop out. It doesn’t need to come back in. So mains go to FOH and Loop Out goes to Mons.

I guess this would not work if you need the effects loop for more traditional purposes but it works for me.

Hi,

I´m pretty much GASing for an AX8, but I do need one routing option of which Im not sure, if it´s supported:

I´d like to recieve a Monitor-Signal (or MP3 for home-use) from FoH and feed this in Input 2. Now, Id´like to mix this signal with the guitar-path. This should go out to Output 2 L&R.

The main outs should send only the guitar path to FoH.

Is this possible?

Thx,
Frank

Simple answer:
Nope.

Signal from FoH would be inserted to FX-Return, so you are after the FX-Send. Only way out would be the "normal Out".
What you may do (if you do not want stereo effects and don't mind that the mixed monitor signal will also be mono) is to set up a routing where you hard pan one signal to left, one to right; sending basically your mixed (mono) signal via e.g. left output and guitar only via right output.

I use something like this to both have a "neutral" signal for a guitar box and a signal with IR for the FoH.

Ah, I misread.

I cannot insert the FOH in in the AX8 but my FRFR monitor has a 2nd input and I can put a signal into that. I also have a little mixer I can use for things like that.

Otherwise moerker seems right about creatively using L vs R paths.

Back
Top Bottom