Separating outputs using FX loop

jooles15

Hi all,

I run my backing tracks into my AX8 effects loop so I can use the EQ on the AX8 to EQ the backing track and then output both my guitar and backing track sound into my Matrix powered cab. It sounds fantastic but I would like to output my guitar and backing track sounds separately from the AX8 into a mixer so I can control level balance between them with the mixer. Right now, both backing and guitar are blended by the AX8 into a single output (output 1). Any ideas how I can separate these?

Hi all,

I run my backing tracks into my AX8 effects loop so I can use the EQ on the AX8 to EQ the backing track and then output both my guitar and backing track sound into my Matrix powered cab. It sounds fantastic but I would like to output my guitar and backing track sounds separately from the AX8 into a mixer so I can control level balance between them with the mixer. Right now, both backing and guitar are blended by the AX8 into a single output (output 1). Any ideas how I can separate these?
since you're using the FX Loop block for the input, you unfortunately can't use Out 2 as an additional output.

perhaps try panning things and using Out 1 Left for guitar, Out 1 Right for tracks.

since you're using the FX Loop block for the input, you unfortunately can't use Out 2 as an additional output.

perhaps try panning things and using Out 1 Left for guitar, Out 1 Right for tracks.
I think because that still gives me a single physical output only it won’t allow me to connect the panned outputs to 2 tracks on my mixer. Is there a way of using the 1/4 inch output 1 differently to the balanced output 1?

I think because that still gives me a single physical output only it won’t allow me to connect the panned outputs to 2 tracks on my mixer. Is there a way of using the 1/4 inch output 1 differently to the balanced output 1?

It’s two physical outputs - Out 1 L and Out 1 R. I regularly run two simultaneous guitars through Out 1 only - one left, one right.

The Out 1 XLRs and 1/4s can’t be isolated (they’re all fed from the same DAC).

Of course! Thank you, I think that might do it. Out of interest, how are you connecting 2 guitars simultaneously, fx loop?

Of course! Thank you, I think that might do it. Out of interest, how are you connecting 2 guitars simultaneously, fx loop?

The two guitars thing was referencing my XL+ setup (I forgot I was in the AX8 forum) but the Out 1 L and R outputs are the same on both units. On the XL+, we use Input 1 L and R for each guitar, but could use Input 2 for one of them. On the AX8 you could only use the FX Return / Input 2, and it would need to be either an acoustic or drive-block-only electric since there’s only one amp.

If I am hearing you right then... Use your OUTPUT MIXER (click on the big output box in editor on the right of grid) Then you can put your FX block(that has tracks) on a separate ROW and that way you can use the OUT PUT MIXER to pump up the row you want louder It will still be all in one channel but now you can mix it.

Back
Top Bottom