AFIII Separate Ways Solo revisited

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I've posted Separate Ways a bunch of times. The solo is a work in progress for me. So here I am again.
The single notes stick out and are so hard to keep sounding "in tune" especially while trying to hold back on my typical wide "cake eating fatboy vibrato". It's still not perfect but getting closer to not too horrible, lol.
Using the Fractal Virtual Capo feature in the AxeFxIII because my guitar is tuned 1/2 step down.
Just got my Schecter guitar back from a Plek setup, man this thing just slays dragons!
The 3 Canadians did the back track no guitars are on the backing track.

OMG I almost spit my drink all over my computer monitor ....

"cake eating fatboy vibrato"

That was AWESOME ! I say let the vibrato rule !

BTW - I hadn't noticed the roman numeral fret position markers until now .... Those look really, REALLY cool too !

OMG I almost spit my drink all over my computer monitor ....

That was AWESOME ! I say let the vibrato rule !

BTW - I hadn't noticed the roman numeral fret position markers until now .... Those look really, REALLY cool too !
Haha, I've been eating too much cake lately. The Schecter is bad-ass!

Mark:

no self deprecation allowed. You are an amazing guitarist and musician. I wish i had your ears to help me figure out songs. I always think its better to add your own originality and nuances to songs as opposed to carbon-copying it. Think Hendrix’s All Along the Watchtower or Joe Cocker’s A Little Help From My Friends. I hate cover versions that add nothing new to the son. Make it your own.

Back
Top Bottom