Separate Switch to Control Other MIDI Devices

WITELITE

Experienced
My FC12 arrives today and I thought maybe others have worked through this already. I have a separate Roland switch that controls a Voice Live using the MFC and programmed it as momentary and sending a CC to a separate MIDI channel

What is the best way to accomplish this using the FC. I've been reading about control switches for this purpose but not sure I understand them fully. I've also seen some users who have had MIDI merge boxes but hoping I don't have to go that route for a switch that will perform the same function on each preset (a cc change to a separate MIDI channel). I know I would need to use the MIDI out from the Axe

Thanks guys. Can't wait

MM

UPDATE - I got the FC12 and I figured out how to to program control switches and send midi externally but it seems as though thet option is only available if you use one of the FC switches. It does not seem to be possible using an external switch.

So as I'm still learning, I guess my question is can an external switch be used to send CCs on other channels so that the Axe processes them through the MIDI out port?

UPDATE - I got the FC12 and I figured out how to to program control switches and send midi externally but it seems as though thet option is only available if you use one of the FC switches. It does not seem to be possible using an external switch.

So as I'm still learning, I guess my question is can an external switch be used to send CCs on other channels so that the Axe processes them through the MIDI out port?
As far as I'm aware, only the built-in switches can be used for Control Switches.

As far as I'm aware, only the built-in switches can be used for Control Switches.
BUMMER. Perhaps a WISH LIST feature request. Does the FC send any midi through the OUT on the axe that is not generated by a control switch or Scene MIDI? If it does I could remap it elsewhere and accomplish the same I think.

MM

One of the most often heard wishlist features from the beta team was to find a way to allow an external switch to trigger the functions of an onboard switch. In order that this wish isn't repeated again and again, I want to publish that we're aware of the request.

One of the most often heard wishlist features from the beta team was to find a way to allow an external switch to trigger the functions of an onboard switch. In order that this wish isn't repeated again and again, I want to publish that we're aware of the request.

Thanks! Most appreciated.

MM

Back
Top Bottom