Separate Outputs To Separate CLRs

Fro

Experienced
If I wanted to run Output 3 to one Atomic CLR, and Output 4 to another Atomic CLR, what kind of cable do I use? I was thinking of trying it this way so that I have separate volume control for each CLR rfrom the front of the Axe Fx. I know these are labeled as Humbuster 1/4" outputs, so I don’t really know which input on the Atomic I should use (1/4” or XLR) and how I should be wiring it. Thoughts or suggestions?

If I ran from Output 1 going to the CLR’s, with Left going to one CLR and Right going to the other, I don’t have independent control of each CLR. My workaround with my Axe Fx 2 doing it this way from Output 2 is to run a passive inline volume control for each so that I don’t have to reach behind the CLR. I have one behind me as backline, and one on the floor in front of me. I usually run one at a different volume than the other and will adjust it during soundcheck. I would have less to hook up if I could use a separate output for each and use the volume controls on the front of the Axe Fx. It’s the humbuster wiring that confused me if I’m running it to the CLR, especially if i use the XLR input on the CLR. Would I just use a TRS 1/4” to XLR cable? Or is a Humbuster output not meant for that?

Thanks!

humbuster cables reduce hum with a TRS jack on the Axe side of the cable, and a TS jack on the other side - it's also wired a specific way.

you could use a humbuster cable from the outputs to your CLRs, or you could use a regular 1/4" instrument cable. i wouldn't use a TRS to XLR cable just because of the humbuster setup on the Axe.

just start with regular instrument cables - they should work fine.

you could use a humbuster cable from the outputs to your CLRs, or you could use a regular 1/4" instrument cable. i wouldn't use a TRS to XLR cable just because of the humbuster setup on the Axe.

Got it. So if I don't actually have humbuster cables, start with regular TS 1/4". Do you know if TS to XLR would be ok instead of TRS to XLR? Would that safely bypass the humbuster wiring? Just wondering if there was any way to connect to XLR at all out of Output 3 or 4 in case I wanted to run to a monitor that only had XLR inputs, like the RCF monitors. Or should those only be used with Outputs 1 or 2?

Got it. So if I don't actually have humbuster cables, start with regular TS 1/4". Do you know if TS to XLR would be ok instead of TRS to XLR? Would that safely bypass the humbuster wiring? Just wondering if there was any way to connect to XLR at all out of Output 3 or 4 in case I wanted to run to a monitor that only had XLR inputs, like the RCF monitors. Or should those only be used with Outputs 1 or 2?
TS to XLR should work well. i *think* TRS to XLR may be ok. i used that on my Axe-Fx II Mark 1 and it was fine, but i don't remember now if that had humbuster or not. i'd stay away from TRS to XLR until someone smarter than me can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom