Separate outputs for Acoustic and Electric Guitar in same preset

Lazlos89

I have seen similar questions posted here but couldn't seem to find a definitive answer to my particular situation.

I would like to run both my strat and Godin nylon string through the ax8 and be able to switch between the two mid song (Godin is on a stand). Is it possible to have the strat going to a real amp on stage and have a separate out for the Godin directly to FOH? I know there is some way to do this with FX block, but I can't seem to figure out the routing.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yes but I would prefer it to just be a scene change. I don't really think that is the problem though, the main thing is figuring out how to get the separate output signals going, as I don't want the nylon string coming through the amp on stage, just through the house, does that make sense? I have figured out how to switch between the two using the same output, but now wondering if it is possible to have them separate.

Thanks guys. I think my problem was trying to use output 1 and 2 simultaneously which apparently doesn't work when you use the fx loop block because that turns into your output 2? I still don't know if I understand but it works now.

Anyways I got it working by only using physical out 1 L and R setting output 1 to stereo then splitting output mixer to left and right outputs and gating one when I want the other engaged. If there is a better way feel free to respond. Thanks guys!

Not sure why you think said response is helpful.
Stop criticizing people’s responses. I have a long track record of helping people. I’m tired of people commenting how unsatisfied they are with the way someone else is helping, while at the same time not helping at all.

I was asking a question for more information. And more information was given.

I’m not sure how your response was helpful.

Stop criticizing people’s responses. I have a long track record of helping people. I’m tired of people commenting how unsatisfied they are with the way someone else is helping, while at the same time not helping at all.

I was asking a question for more information. And more information was given.

I’m not sure how your response was helpful.

So the original question was about using same preset for acoustic and electric and you respond with “you can’t change presets?” Seemed like a douche response to me. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night my dude.

Back
Top Bottom