Wish Separate Modifiers per Channel (within a block)

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
My wish is that specific controls on a block could have modifiers "attached" to them independently for each Channel on the block. So either:
a) a specific block, and specific control on the block (like the level control in the picture below) could have or not have a modifier independently --- e.g. Channel A has a modifier attached to level control on a specific block, but on Channel B, for the exact same block and for the same control (the level control), has no modifier attached to it [that would be a good start]

b) Optimally - For a specific control, such as the level control or the mix control or the modulation control, on a specific block; each Channel can set the control's modifier independently. E.g.
  • Channel A has modifier attached to the level control with the settings -20db to 3db (min and max) but Channel B, for the exact same block and for the level control, has the same modifier attached to it with different settings or -5db to 10db (min and max)
  • For a Reverb Block for the pre-delay control, for Channel A an LFO modifier attached to it [don't ask why], but then for Channel B the reverb block has a different modifier - an expression pedal attached to it

I have a screen snapshot shown below. I realize some controls are not common across all Channels, but some certainly are. The level control, the mix control come quickly to mind as existing across all channels --- and it seems like they're more designed at the Block Level, rather than at the Channel level - maybe this is part of the problem. It would be great to be able modify these controls independently for each Channel.

I think some folks have conjured up work-arounds. We don't like work arounds.........more complicated.

There was another post about separate CC values, but it confused me. I'm not certain if it asking for this or not. Sorry.
Thanks

The wish for independent modifiers is very old, going back to (at least) the Axe Fx II.

The current choice of ALL or ONE channels was a recent implementation to give at least some additional ability.

Definitely +1 because I would love it as would many others... But I'm not holding my breath ;)

Come on, Cliff - I know you can do it!

+1

I was doing a custom sweep for the phaser (wider sweep than the normal depth control allows for, a la MXR Phase 90), and was kinda disappointed when I couldn't have the block connected to 2 different LFOs for different speeds on 2 different channels.

+1

I was doing a custom sweep for the phaser (wider sweep than the normal depth control allows for, a la MXR Phase 90), and was kinda disappointed when I couldn't have the block connected to 2 different LFOs for different speeds on 2 different channels.

Why not just change the channels of the LFO (Controllers). You've got 4 of those.

Why not just change the channels of the LFO (Controllers). You've got 4 of those.
Humm. That could work. Right now the second display row of my phaser switch on my controller (LF+ Pro) is for the phaser channel, but I could probably program the function to be select controller channel. Thanks for the tip!

I could probably program the function to be select controller channel

Another option is Ext Ctrl as LFO rate modifier. This might be the easier solution when using other internal controllers, because there wouldn't be two controller channels to maintain.

The LF+ can probably also send sysex to change a modifier source. Maybe not needed for this, but it would allow switching between different controllers like envelope, seq, LFO.

Back
Top Bottom