Separate MIDI Program Change for IA Sw 17 per preset?

shawngs

Hi all, I'm using the MFC101 as a MIDI controller exclusively. it it possible to either have Instant Access Switch 17 send a different Program Change Message for each preset or have External Switch 4 do it (I don't think the External Switches can do PC…)?

On my H9 I'm wanting IA Switch 17 to control a different preset based on which preset is selected on the MFC101.

I am pretty sure If you program an IA switch for a preset it will be global, you can send more then 1 pc message with a preset change. external switches and external controllers can be configured on a mfc(not axe fx) preset basis but only for cc# messages. will the H9 change with cc# commands?

Hi all, I'm using the MFC101 as a MIDI controller exclusively. it it possible to either have Instant Access Switch 17 send a different Program Change Message for each preset or have External Switch 4 do it (I don't think the External Switches can do PC…)?

On my H9 I'm wanting IA Switch 17 to control a different preset based on which preset is selected on the MFC101.
Since you want a distinct PC sent depending on the Preset, you might not actually need to use an IA/Ext switch at all, unless you want to trigger that PC within the song, and not when the Preset is loaded. Each Preset can send a distinct PC (and custom MIDI message) when it is selected. Will that not work for you? Or do you want to at will send the PC to the H9 sometime after the Preset is loaded?

I want to be able to use it within a song, after the Preset is loaded. Is there a table somewhere of how to program custom midi messages, especially custom CC#/values?

I want to be able to use it within a song, after the Preset is loaded. Is there a table somewhere of how to program custom midi messages, especially custom CC#/values?

You may check this
12.1.6 Preset Custom MIDI Message
and this
14.4 Custom MIDI Message Primer
in the manual

Back
Top Bottom