Wish Separate low/high cuts for each voice in Pitch block

flying_walrus

Experienced
i'd like to have separate controls for each voice in the pitch shift & harmony modes of the pitch block.

this would be useful for things like 12 string simulations, but my use case is controlling how many high and low octaves i send to an electro-harmonic c9 pedal: on low notes i like to send +12 and +24, and on high notes i like to send -12 and +12.

at the moment i need to use scene controllers or multiple pitch block channels to do this, but it would be a lot easier to use filters to control what each voice does

a low cut of 400 on the input of one of the voices should cause it to not respond to notes before 400hz, no?
"Low cut" isn't an abrupt cutoff, although the response of the filter does fall off below the cutoff frequency. There's also the issue of harmonics. Example: most 250 Hz notes have significant harmonic content at 500 Hz, so much of that 250 Hz note would pass through unattenuated.

"Low cut" isn't an abrupt cutoff, although the response of the filter does fall off below the cutoff frequency. There's also the issue of harmonics. Example: most 250 Hz notes have significant harmonic content at 500 Hz, so much of that 250 Hz note would pass through unattenuated.
so you'd have to use pitch detection instead of filters. thanks for the explanation

Back
Top Bottom