Separate FX Track when Recording

mwd

Power User
My band mate had Kemper and now Axe III. All of our gear goes thru X32 Rack Mixer controlled by MacBook Pro that has Logic X on it. The one thing that worked well for us is the Kemper gave us the ability to separate the FX from the amp/cab and record a stereo dry track and stereo FX track that we could blend as we saw fit after the fact.

I'm sure the Axe III could replicate this just not sure how to do it within the preset. Keeping in mind the 'dry' would be amp/cab only not a DI type dry.

Put a shunt after the cab block and route it to an Out2 block. then put your wet effects needed in grid before leading to the out 2 block, AFTER the cab block in that parallel shunt

Out1 will be dry, in stereo (use stereo cabs)
Out 2 will be the wet fx (in stereo where applicable, depending on your effects)

I would love to see a mock up screen shot of that preset sometime... thanks

OK I switched them but to get a bit more complex. I record Axe III one stereo track at a time via single S/PDIF cable to my Apollo Quad. Is there a way to record the two stereo tracks this preset would produce with one S/PDIF or the one USB cable?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom