Separate Factory & User Banks

eddysel10

I would like to see the option to have a separate Factory and User bank in the FM9. Would be nice to have the most used presets in a User bank and starting at nr 001. Furthermore, I can do all preset testing in the user bank and leave the factory bank intact.

A good tip before submitting a wish is to post a thread asking if what you want can already be done... Saves creating needless wishes ;)

Exactly what I've done!
Can you make a video and load it? It seems like I'm not doing something correct. I've tried to load the presets several time in bank B, C and D and leave A for my own presets, but for some reason I still see one bank of 512 presets (incl mine and the bank ones).

a bank is 128 presets.. 4 banks is 512 presets.. loading stock presets into banks b, c d would leave the first 128 presets (0-127) blank.

Presets in the editor user interface are not visibly separated by bank.. they are just numerically identified from 0 to 511, but from a midi perspective they are 4 banks

midi bank A, 0-127 is presets 0-127
midi bank B, 0-127 is presets 128-255 etc

a bank is 128 presets.. 4 banks is 512 presets.. loading stock presets into banks b, c d would leave the first 128 presets (0-127) blank.

Presets in the editor user interface are not visibly separated by bank.. they are just numerically identified from 0 to 511, but from a midi perspective they are 4 banks

midi bank A, 0-127 is presets 0-127
midi bank B, 0-127 is presets 128-255 etc
Thanks for the reply. Very clear explanation.
I have boss GT and line 6 multi fx boards too and they all have a dedicated user bank besides the factory bank. So it is very easy to copy the factory presets I want to edit, and paste them in the user bank. Purchased presets are also imported in the user bank. After editing the presets in the user bank, I move them to the first nrs (nr 1, etc) in the same user bank. So I always know that my main presets are nr 1 to 10 in the user bank. My factory presets remain intact in the factory bank, and the original purchased presets are saved to the last nrs in my user bank.

I know that it is possible to move the factory presets in the FM9 for 001 to e.g. 011 and use the first 10 nrs for my own edited user presets. But I think that it might be more convenient to have a dedicated user bank (for the reasons mentioned above).

But I think that it might be more convenient to have a dedicated user bank (for the reasons mentioned above).
Maybe for your use case... Not for many others.

Lots of people delete all the factory presets.

A dedicated user bank limits the options. The way it's done now does not.

Maybe for your use case... Not for many others.

Lots of people delete all the factory presets.

A dedicated user bank limits the options. The way it's done now does not.
Hi also a new user here, as you can give the fm9 your preferred preset with starting up I don't care to empty the first bank, (just start up with the first edited preset)
But how do you all manage the ir banks?
I've downloaded all the " holiday" presets, and some from fractal exchange site with some ir's.
After that I purchased some pink Floyd presets from Fremen, where he put his custom ir's on banknr's I've already used so I put them somewhere else, wrote down where and changed in the presets the ir bank nr
How do you manage this proper, as I also read after firmware updates you have to reset the blocks, so I guess I have to load the presets again after reset. Or am I missing something?
I'm writing this down without to be near at my FM9 or editor so excuse if my thermology is wrong and sorry for the long reply.

Hi also a new user here, as you can give the fm9 your preferred preset with starting up I don't care to empty the first bank, (just start up with the first edited preset)
But how do you all manage the ir banks?
I've downloaded all the " holiday" presets, and some from fractal exchange site with some ir's.
After that I purchased some pink Floyd presets from Fremen, where he put his custom ir's on banknr's I've already used so I put them somewhere else, wrote down where and changed in the presets the ir bank nr
How do you manage this proper, as I also read after firmware updates you have to reset the blocks, so I guess I have to load the presets again after reset. Or am I missing something?
I'm writing this down without to be near at my FM9 or editor so excuse if my thermology is wrong and sorry for the long reply.
You don't have to reset blocks after a firmware update.

Some updates do recommend to update specific blocks but that's not common.

In 10 years of doing firmware updates on Fractal stuff, I don't recall ever needing to reset the Cab block, which is the only thing that knows or cares about the IRs.

Reactions: EdN
Back
Top Bottom