Wish Separate CC values for the 4 channels

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
One of my "kitchen sink" presets utilizes all 8 amp channels. Both amps and cab blocks are on 2 rows.

I'm using the mixer block faders with an xp pedal to switch between rows. Cool for "fragment" parts in songs!!

The first 3 scenes and scene 6 go from amp block 1 all channels (on row 2) xp heel down to amp block 2 (row 3) xp toe down.

But on scenes 4, 5, 7 & 8....I'd like it to be amp block 2 all channels (row 3) xp heel down to amp block 1 xp toe down.

So upon hitting a scene ie...scene 1 ..I'd like the mixer block to start at fader 2 at 10 and fader 3 at 0 (off).

And hitting scene 4...mixer block starts at fader 2 at 0 (off) and fader at 10.

Is this a slightly different wish from what you described in this other thread?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/possible-with-the-mixer-block-and-xp.151401/

Here it sounds like you're wanting to reverse the pedal's action on mixer levels in certain scenes. Is that correct? There are a few ways to set this up.

For example you could branch to two shunts from each amp and connect all (four) shunts to the mixer, then have four row level modifiers with a pair active on a certain mixer channel. Set row level to 0 on mixer channel where that row's modifier isn't active.

Or connect both amps to two multiplexers running into the mixer. Then the multiplexers can swap what's sent to the mixer on each row.

Wow!....didn't see that! Thanks! I'll try the multiplexers scheme.

Yes! With my original scheme....I just wanted to simply reverse the cc setups on the mixer faders....yet have the preferred mixer fader on full for each scene.

Is this a slightly different wish from what you described in this other thread?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/possible-with-the-mixer-block-and-xp.151401/

Here it sounds like you're wanting to reverse the pedal's action on mixer levels in certain scenes. Is that correct? There are a few ways to set this up.

For example you could branch to two shunts from each amp and connect all (four) shunts to the mixer, then have four row level modifiers with a pair active on a certain mixer channel. Set row level to 0 on mixer channel where that row's modifier isn't active.

Or connect both amps to two multiplexers running into the mixer. Then the multiplexers can swap what's sent to the mixer on each row.

I found that separating the rows into the 2 shunts per the 2 rows into 2 Mixer Blocks then into a MUX Block may do it.

Will check in the morning if all good.

One mixer can do it without a mux block. Use the slope & channel settings shown here for each row level modifier, then set mixer to channel A or B as needed. Remember to set the non-controlled row levels to 0 in each mixer channel.

An5tUs6.png

One mixer can do it without a mux block. Use the slope & channel settings shown here for each row level modifier, then set mixer to channel A or B as needed. Remember to set the non-controlled row levels to 0 in each mixer channel.

A problem is that I’d like the mixer faders to default to the saved settings of the mixer faders on each scene.

ie....should I use the XP on scene 4 and end at heel down (fader 1 is off)....I would like to hit scene 1 and fader 1 is on at full.

Last edited:
should I use the XP on scene 4 and end at heel down (fader 1 is off)....I would like to hit scene 1 and fader 1 is on at full

This much would happen if the mixer block changes channels, because of the modifier settings.

So you can make heel down equal either amp in a scene, but you can't just have the pedal in any position and get that one amp sound always. The question from the earlier thread still requires extra steps/gear to work around. A new "scene reset" parameter equivalent to "PC Reset" per modifier would probably be the best solution.

Back
Top Bottom