Wish Separate Cab Emulation Settings for Out 1 XLR and 1/4"

Jammer77

Inspired
I have really come to rely on my external pedals in a stereo FX loop to accomplish a few extra things and save CPU. (A couple Strymon pedals, Neunaber Stereo Wet and looper). Because of this I don't have access to run Out 2 to my stereo SS amp and 2 cabs for monitors on stage. My ideal setup would be Out 1 XLR L&R out to FOH with cab sims ON and Out 1 1/4" L&R to my onstage amp and cabs with cab sims OFF. I don't think this is currently possible which means my only choice is to mic my cabs for FOH or use FRFR for my monitors (which I've tried but just couldn't get on with them).

My wish is to be able to set Out 1 XLR's and Out 1 1/4" separately in regards to cab emulation having XLR cabs on and 1/4" cabs off.

If you don't need stereo then you may be able to accomplish this. I don't have my rig in front of me, but you should be able to use a hard panned stereo cab block with a dummy/null IR on one side (for your stage speakers) and your FRFR IR for the PA.

Otherwise if you really need to run stereo then the solution is to buy a second AX8 (or FX8) so you can put things where you need them in the chain and have more flexibility.

If you don't need stereo then you may be able to accomplish this. I don't have my rig in front of me, but you should be able to use a hard panned stereo cab block with a dummy/null IR on one side (for your stage speakers) and your FRFR IR for the PA.

Otherwise if you really need to run stereo then the solution is to buy a second AX8 (or FX8) so you can put things where you need them in the chain and have more flexibility.
So have a stereo cab block with a dummy on one side (say left) and run the other side to FOH? Is this correct?

I could do,that but I would really prefer the FOH receive that main Out with the cabs on because they sound so awesome. My issue is that I'm having a bit of a struggle getting used to FRFR for monitors. I find myself missing the, as it's been called "amp in the room" feel. Maybe I can get used to the FRFR monitoring eventually. I have no problem at all with the tones with the cabs on. I think they are stellar. It's just the feel of the amp close by me that's not quite there with FRFR.

Back
Top Bottom