Sennheiser HD6XX Headphones

I would tell you to get the Hifiman Sundara instead of the 6xx for enjoyment. I own both and the Sundara gives a much more "soundstage" as the audiophiles like to say. They are open back and feel more like a playing in room than playing thru headphones. The low end has more "slam" and the highs are a little more open.

I would tell you to get the Hifiman Sundara instead of the 6xx for enjoyment....
Any particular model? HD650 and my Axe III are pure bliss I would love to check out something better. Especially from someone that owns both. Thanks.

I have been keeping an eye on the HD660S but these are on sale today for what seems like a great price. Does anyone have trouble powering these (or the HD650) directly from the Axe FX III headphone jack? These are 300ohms so require quite a but if power to get loud.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16240051-m...ck-headphones-midnight-blue-179-free-shipping
I have the 660S and love them. I briefly played around with some corrective EQs mentioned in another thread but found I prefer the sound straight out of the box. Volume from the headphone jack is definitely not an issue.

I have Sennheiser 650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, and Blue Mix-Fi headphones. The Sennheisers are my favorite mostly because they're very comfortable for long periods, and partially because I've always liked the Sennheiser "sound".

This has me revisiting the Sennheiser 650s. I nearly bought them around 6 months ago and just checked amazon price. They are on sale almost $150 off reg price compared to my local guitar shop. tempted.

The HD600s can be driven fairly well out of an iPhone with the included dongle, out of the Axe-Fx they can get painfully loud. The built in headphone amp sounds great.

I stepped out for a minute and missed UPS delivery of my black friday deal Blue Mix-Fi headphones. Now I have to wait till tomorrow to pick them up from UPS :(

I pulled the trigger on the HD650's. Ordered today , delivery tmw with Amazon. What a world. I will be using them mainly with my Apollo X6 and hoping the HP output will be enough without needing a dedicated headphone amp. I've read conflicting things on this online.

Any particular model? HD650 and my Axe III are pure bliss I would love to check out something better. Especially from someone that owns both. Thanks.
The band is Hifiman and the model in Sundara.
I don't think anything beats Sennheiser for quality of build in their price point, but the Sundara sound is more pleasing.

Both are considered 'reference' to compare other headphones to.
The 6xx are dynamic driver and the Sundara are planar.

If you are going to travel with the headphones I'd go Sennheiser, if they are going to sit on a desk, I'd go Sundara.
The sound difference between the two is significant, but the Sundara and the 6xx are the two kings of their price point IMHO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom